Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent Recovery Via Money Claim On Line

Hello all,

My T is moving out on Friday and has c£2k worth of back rent owing, I have her new address and wish to commence recovery of proceedings.

Can somone please confirm if I can still persue recovery on the basis that

1 - She has moved out of my flat.
    2 - No contract now exists between us.

Also there is a Guarantor named, so I guess that G is also also implicated in the recovery process.

All replies appreciated.

In my opinion ...

Originally posted by taheemr View Post
    Hello all,

My T is moving out on Friday and has c£2k worth of back rent owing, I have her new address and wish to commence recovery of proceedings.

Can somone please confirm if I can still persue recovery on the basis that

1 - She has moved out of my flat. YES
    2 - No contract now exists between us. You are recovering what is owed from a contract that DID exist, so carry on and sue.

Also there is a Guarantor named, so I guess that G is also also implicated in the recovery process. Have you already attempted to recover from the guarantor? If not I would do so now before taking legal action. The court will want to see that you have done everything possible to arrive at a solution before resorting to legal action. Other than that, yes include the Guarantor
    All replies appreciated.
    Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

Hello all,

Without wanting to start a new thread, has anyone ever sold back rent owed to a debt recovery agancy, if so what considerations were taken into account by the debt collection guys.

Many Thanks

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X