How do I get access to show prospective tenants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wfd_property,

It really doesn't matter what the landlord calls the visit, the tenant can still refuse access. The landlord would be entitled to ask the court to enforce their right of access for statutory purposes, but that will probably take longer than is left on the tenancy.

Comment

Originally posted by wfd_property View Post
      I don't understand the problem? Give them 48 hours notice that on Friday morning at 10am you will be there to inspect your property. Whether you go alone, with a prospective tenant, or with the Queen of Sheba is irrelevant.

Or have I missed something salient?
      Yup... you've missed reality. Silly suggestion.

Comment

I don't see what you want to achieve. You understand that the place is trashed.
        So your gameplan is to show prospective tenants around a trashed property? Absolutely counter-productive.
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Looks like I'm hitting a brick wall.

Comment

You've definitely hit it! If the place is as bad as you say and you want a quick turnaround I suggest you have professional cleaners/decorator waiting in the wings for the day after they move out. Cost shouldn't be an issue as you can use the deposit and you should get a quick turnaround.
            "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

I would not accept tel NTQ. Tel Ts you want it in writing dated day of tel call. Then you have something concrete to enforce when they decide not to vacate on appointed day, leaving you with a squad of cleaners twiddling their thumbs.

Comment

The notice given over the phone is not valid. It cannot be validated by confirmation in writing.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X