Not much ad success. Opinions welcomed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. Thanks for your reply. i knew normal students would be slightly too late but we get a reasonable amount of nursing students who work on placements and with the hospital being so close i thought to try with them. I am considering the other now.

I am trying to make the best of a bad situation. Renovation took longer than expected and wasn't sure who to target.

Edit: I am concerned that pros will be a) put off that i know have one student (who i couldn't put off as i hadn't got many leads and needed to repay loan) and b) they will be splitting council tax with 3 rather than a house of 4. Would this put people off or should i target everybody now?

Comment

Why is there no photo of the outside of the property?

Do you really expect 4 complete strangers to agree to share the cost of the gas, electricity and council tax?

Comment

Because I am limited to so many pictures and felt with 4 bedrooms it would be better to get them in as priority.

Well I have asked students friends and did a survey and the majority said they were not put off by a meter. However I don't know if this would deter a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by lorddan02 View Post
          Well I have asked students friends and did a survey and the majority said they were not put off by a meter. However I don't know if this would deter a professional.
          You are missing something here - most students are advised by parents who are paying their fees and everything else - any parent would not like your let on that alone never mind the share of bills where one renter could just shove off and not pay. You need to address this issue urgently.

Fancy bedding won't let it!

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

In my area, nursing students (who get their fees paid by the NHS scheme) start earlier than the rest - usually 1st Monday in Sept and will be off on placement any time now. Yours may differ but I doubt they will be this late starting back....

I think you need to sort out your strategy and market. Pre payment for heat and light will not work for workers on individual ASTs. Who wants to come home to a cold dark house because Johhny 'forgot' it was his turn - or do you expect them to all contribute to a kitty?

The Uni accommodation team WILL Be able to help you if there are any students left needing a room. They will have a notice board and a website where everyone will be directed and are very proactive.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X