Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Am I in arrears?

Hi there,

When I moved into this property I paid the LL £800 deposit and 2 months up front, total £1600. This wanted to ensure that if I happened upon rainy days I was covered.

I am now moving out and have given him 2 months notice. I advised the LL that I will not be paying for those 2 months, as I gave him the monies up front.

I just wanted to confirm that this is indeed correct and also to clarify whether or not I should also get the deposit back, all things being equal?

Thanks

This is fine provided you will be vacating the property on or after the expiry date of the fixed period of your Assured Tenancy Agreement. Your landlord has a right (subject to certain conditions) to expect you to pay rent until this fixed period has expired. It is usually 6 months from the date your tenancy commenced.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X