Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenancy Deposit Protection question

Just a quick one.

I'm planning on renting out the spare room in my flat to a lodger. Will i come under the tenant deposit scheme or can i keep hold of the bond myself?

thanks in advance,

Andrew

As yout tenant will be a lodger, there is no need to issue an assured tenancy agreement as said lodger has few rights. There is thus no need to consider the TDS and the most you need would be a letter stating what notice period and other rights you are prepared to grant your lodger. Some don't even bother with this.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Pilcher View Post
      As yout tenant will be a lodger, there is no need to issue an assured tenancy agreement as said lodger has few rights. There is thus no need to consider the TDS and the most you need would be a letter stating what notice period and other rights you are prepared to grant your lodger. Some don't even bother with this.

P.P.
      Right to the gist. Well said.
      ASSUME NOTHING - QUESTION EVERYTHING!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X