Deposit claim: Cleaning service receipt required or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit claim: Cleaning service receipt required or not

After end of tenancy, I am claiming part of deposit to offset damage and cleaning. Because I wanted to save money for my tenant, I did cleaning myself with minimum charge in mind. Also, damaged items have estimate cost but no purchase receipts because it was sometime ago.

I am going to state these to DPS for deposit claim. I wonder if this is supported? Thanks.

Have you got an inventory to say condition of the property at the outset?

Did you photograph the dirt as evidence? If neither of these and tenant does not accept the cleaning bill you will be on a loser in my opinion.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Do you pay tax on your income as a self employed cleaner or are you just going to pocket the cash?
      "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Wannadonnadoodah View Post
        Do you pay tax on your income as a self employed cleaner or are you just going to pocket the cash?
        But won't he have to pay income tax on the deposit award as if it were extra rent?

However, I don't think you are allowed any wages for your own efforts by the adjudicators.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X