Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to take possession for repairs to property

Hello

In the event that we need to make structural remedial repairs to our property, do we have the right to issue eviction notice to our tenants without consequences who are only 3 months into a 12 month tenancy agreement?

Is it Section 8?

further advice needed.
    thank you

It's two months s8 notice on ground 6.
    The court will need proof that the work is has to be done.
    You have to pay "reasonable" removal expenses.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Sounds like the structural repairs are 'elective' not an emergency.
      Begs the question why you did not undertake 3-4 months ago before taking on new Ts?
      If the house is unfit for continued occupation, Ts still have a Tenancy and LL is required to supply temp alt accom of at least similar standard, provided Ts continue to pay rent.
      The Court may have a similar opinion.

Comment

We were just exploring options, as this was a potential emergency issue 8 weeks into the tenants residence, as it turns out the tenant caused the issue which is a very minor problem and can is resolved by the tenant upholding their part of the AST in managing the ventilation of the property.

Thank you for your valued opinion and assumptions that the house was unfit before the Ts moved in.

Comment

Thank you, great opinion.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to demand for 4 bed houses
            by Neelix
            Odd question given there’s no location and the UK is a very big and diverse place with so many variables...
            23-01-2021, 11:55 AM
          • demand for 4 bed houses
            by sm1 landlord
            question - our portfolio of houses are 2 and 3 bed

we are buying a fire damaged 3 bed house in a good area which lends it itself to doing a loft conversion due to the fire damage

how do others find demand for a 4 bed house, we do let to u/c claimants with guarantors and a family...
            23-01-2021, 10:52 AM
          • Reply to accepted definition of furnished?
            by ash72
            I used to offer my properties with beds, cupboards, white goods - now I don't as T's don't want them and costs me to to store them, also they don't look after the items as they would their own. More call outs due to them breaking them. More inventory to go through. Now I just give them an empty property...
            23-01-2021, 11:54 AM
          • accepted definition of furnished?
            by whatsthenews
            Hi,
            New member here. As I believe there's no legal definition of "furnished", would people offer their opinions as to what they consider the minimum items for a furnished letting? Is there a doifference between "furnished" and "fully furnished"?
            If it makes...
            22-01-2021, 21:43 PM
          • Reply to Tenant referencing
            by Pipedreams1
            The original reference from almost a year to the day ago:...
            23-01-2021, 11:53 AM
          • Tenant referencing
            by Pipedreams1
            A long read (sorry!)

My lease is ending and I had found the new ideal flat.

I went through the tenant referencing and accountant, bank, and current landlord reference came though well. However my previous landlord reference (you may have seen posts dated a year back about him...
            23-01-2021, 09:32 AM
          • Reply to Tenant referencing
            by Pipedreams1
            Hi. The deposit was protected in a scheme. As I mentioned the tenancy lasted 6 years and with some notable exceptions it was mostly fine. He is a strange person. To state my hunch, for some reason myself and others think my ending the tenancy was something he took personally for whatever reason and...
            23-01-2021, 11:46 AM
          • Reply to Gas and electric during void period
            by ash72
            Depends on how much time as passed between the accounts being transferred, if they are smart meters the utility company would have taken a reading when the T called up. If the final bill hasn't been generated you will be able to tell them the meter readings, hopefully you did a check out and had the...
            23-01-2021, 11:43 AM
          • Gas and electric during void period
            by Celibin
            When the tenant we took meter readings but subsequently forgot to register with a utility company. The only thing that may have accrued is a small amount of gas .
            Obviously I want to pay my dues.I believe the companies do pass on info between each other Thanks
            23-01-2021, 09:42 AM
          • Reply to Finding a landlords details
            by alice123
            Problem is once there is a neighbourhood dispute - if may affect you (and neighbours)if anyone in the future should wish to sell .... there is a question on the T6 asking if there have been any disputes . so be aware of this -

If they are parking where they shound not be parking - does...
            23-01-2021, 11:41 AM
          Working...
          X