"Long term service" without Section 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Long term service" without Section 20

I am part of a communal flat and self manage the services like cleaner etc. We didn't serve S20 to all flat owners, and now one flt owner has refused to pay a single penny toward the upkeep of the site. For example, we've had a cleaner and a gardener without serving S20 for 3 years. We didn't make any agreement in writing and we don't have any 'notice periods' so we can replace them whenever necessary. All invoices are available for everyone to see and the year end accounts are fully audited by an independent accountant.

In such above case, how do you think my small claims case against a service charge non-paying flat owner will go? Is the judge likely to simply throw out the claim because I didn't serve S20?

Originally posted by shininghero View Post

In such above case, how do you think my small claims case against a service charge non-paying flat owner will go? Is the judge likely to simply throw out the claim because I didn't serve S20?
    Possibly but is it worth bringing a case over this? How many flats and how many objectors?
    Does the objector attend management meetings?
    Try a face to face meeting with this person, be polite and reasoning and ask why he will not join in by paying towards the cleaning.
    Get ready to produce a Section 20 for the delectation of the leaseholder(s).
    Law of averages says 'there is always one'.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

There's 12 flats and only 1 person has refused to pay because S20 wasn't served for certain long term services, where we have no written agreement in place with any of our service providers...the said person won reply to calls/emails/letters...a bit of a reculse tbh and this has been going on for years now...

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X