The mayor's London Rental Standard LRS - will you be signing up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mayor's London Rental Standard LRS - will you be signing up?

Whilst I broadly support their target standards and already meet them, I really don't like the minimum 10 hours a year ongoing development obligations (and associated administration of proving that you did it). It just looks like red tape to me so,for the time being, I don't think I'll be signing up unless not doing so proves to be a problem for me.
    Assume I know nothing.

Have you got a link to go with this. 1st I've heard of it.

Is there a fee - there are so many LA's trying to screw every penny out of landlords right now.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

http://www.london.gov.uk/priorities/...ental-standard

To join the scheme, simply choose a London Rental Standard provider below, and sign up for a one-day course to learn about renting out property. Courses cost £80-£125, while RLA and NLA members can take advantage of discounted or free courses on-line. It’s useful training, even for experienced landlords. You must take the course once every five years to stay accredited.

You’ll also need to sign a code of practice and declare you’re a ‘fit and proper person’.
      You also need to gain 10 points a year by, for instance, going to events organised by accreditation providers. (You can gain points by reading but you have to somehow prove it!). This is what puts me off signing up.

I just hope the GLA and partners MyDeposits and Endsleigh will not put lots of cash behind demonising those who choose not to sign up.
      Assume I know nothing.

Comment

Condition of property says it all in my book - my London tenants stay about 3 years on average and whenever it comes to the market it is soon re-let. Demand is high in my area.

I don't use MyDeposits but I do insure the cars with Endsleigh - might have to revue that oh and I admit to being an unfit mother!

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

I think those courses would be like speed awareness courses:

An expensive rehash of things you already knew.

Comment

Exactly. That's the perfect description I was looking for. Thanks!
            Assume I know nothing.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X