Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenancy Agreement Q when moving to self-managed from managed

Hi

We've rented our house out since Feb using Countrywide to manage it for us. We're not happy with them and have given notice to take over the management of the property from Aug 22nd when the first 6 months is up. The same tenants are staying on.

I understand the tenancy agreement automatically rolls over after 6 months into a periodic tenancy which we are fine with. And countrywide tell us we can keep the same tenancy agreement.

My Q is, do we need to get the tenants to sign anything? Given they will now be paying us their rent direct, rather than through Countrywide, which is what the existing tenancy agreement says.

I'd be very grateful for any advice on this.

Thanks a lot

Graham

You notify Ts of change in payment details and provide them with your contact details for service of Notices etc.

Don't forget to re-issue PI when T goes periodic You will need to re-protect deposit in your own scheme/ name if Agent is no longer willing to protect it.

Comment

Hi Mariner

Many thanks for your answer. I'm new to all this, can you explain what you mean by service of Notices and what's PI please. Sorry if I'm being dense.

Thanks a lot

Graham

Comment

I think that you need to read the guide below. Read all of the links to fully understand all of your legal obligations as a landlord.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...2&postcount=12

Comment

One quick q, do the tenants need to sign or initial service of notices containing our bank and contact details?

Many thanks for your help.

Graham

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X