Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mariner
    replied
    IMO the Council need private LLs more than they need Ts. That's not to say they will consider sub-standard properties or uncooperative LLs over reasonable Ts.

Leave a comment:

• Wannadonnadoodah
    replied
    If you let a property out it should pass any inspection instigated by the local authority. Are there any issues they you'd be worried about? If not let them carry out their 'threat'

Leave a comment:

• islandgirl
    replied
    I had a similar issue and the council chap realized what was going on and made no recommendations. Not saying all will be as helpful though!

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Indeed:

The process & what they check is here...
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nder-section-9

.. so let us know what the issue is or make your own mind up about if it is serious or not,..

Is it a HMO??

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    What is the nature of the 'single issue being resolved'?
    When did T commence and for what fixed term?
    Was any deposit taken?
    Was it protected in Approved Scheme ans PI provided, bot.h wthin 30 days of receipt?
    Has T given you NTQ? How?

Private residential tenancy regualation officers (TRO)can vary,. Most are 'LL friendly', some may require LL repairs beyond their remit, many only 'suggest' unofficially. All are pretty good at assessing both LL & T. If T does complain, make contact with TRO with inspecting TRO for an 'update'. they should inform LL of any pending inspection.
    TROs and EHOs are a fact of life for LLs, best to keep them 'on side'' though their client is the T.
    Best to know your Stat LL responsabilities in advance.
    Call the Ts bluff if confident allegations are without foundation.

Leave a comment:

• Fulmer
    started a topic Council inspection used as threat

Council inspection used as threat

Hi

I have a tenant who wishes to break his tenancy early since he has found more suitable accommodation. I am unwilling to break the lease until I can find another tenant to take his place. He has threatened to call in the council to undertake an inspection if I dont agree to him leaving within his timeframe.
    There have been no issues with the property, with the exception of a single issue that is being resolved. I have no experience of council inspections and feel that this is an open ended risk.

What sort of outcomes can I expect from such an inspection? How to judge whether this is a risk worth taking?

Thanks for your help

F

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X