Receipt for tenants rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receipt for tenants rent

Is there a 'generally used' way for LL's to provide a receipt for a tenants monthly DD for rent? My previous tenant paid 6mths in advance to the agent and the present tenant paid their first month to the agent , so this coming payment will be the first Ive had to acknowledge myself (Im managing the property) . Is an email to the tenant thanking them for xx amount received for xx month all that is needed, or maybe the same thing hand delivered in hard copy , or is there a particular method or wording . Thanks in advance.

Your tenants bank statement will be all the receipt they need.

Like most people when I pay a bill by direct debit, the only way I know it has been paid is that it appears on my bank statement.

Comment

I reply to an email, just one line... "July rent received. Thanks." this suits everyone (seems to).

Comment

Rent to private LL is normally paid by SO, not DD.
        Ts bank statement is sufficient receipt, but LL should maintain a record (rent statement) for all rent monies received whether direct from T or via LA.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
          LL should maintain a record (rent statement) for all rent monies received whether direct from T or via LA.
          We opened a new bank account just for dealing with our rental property. All incoming and outgoing payments are all on one statement. It makes doing the tax return much simpler.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Nice and seemples it would seem . (Just for a change)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X