Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorenzo: yes, in informal parlance.
    BUT
    "Vested interest" is in fact a Probate law term, dealing with how ownership passes to members in a class of beneficiaries (eg a Will's bequest to "such of my children as attain the age of twenty-one" which allows shares to remain undistributed after Testator's death so as to see which children reach that age later).
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Like nearly every word, there are several meanings according to context.

vested interest
      –noun
      1. a special interest in an existing system, arrangement, or institution for particular personal reasons.
      2. a permanent right given to an employee under a pension plan.
      3. vested interests, the persons, groups, etc., who benefit the most from existing business or financial systems.
      [Origin: 1810–20]
      Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
      Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
      American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
      vested interest
      n.

1. Law A right or title, as to present or future possession of an estate, that can be conveyed to another.
      2. A fixed right granted to an employee under a pension plan.
      3. A special interest in protecting or promoting that which is to one's own personal advantage.
      4. vested interests Those groups that seek to maintain or control an existing system or activity from which they derive private benefit.
      As we were talking about TDS rather than probate law, I think the meaning according to context was quite clear.
      Now signature free.

Comment

Originally posted by J4L View Post
        haha, I found a spelling mistake by jeffrey!!!

>>>>>>>>>>.runs to find poppy
        i dont care wot spelling erors plp make!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy35 View Post
          i dont care wot spelling erors plp make!!!!
          Neither do I, but some tend to pick up on it which grates on me!
          I just thought i'd turn the tables a bit. haha
          Ambition is Critical

I don't profess to be a knowledge in all areas, my advice is based on life experience.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X