Can we have a vote on TDS improving the letting market
    That might be split along VI grounds.
    Now signature free.

Comment

Originally posted by lorenzo View Post
      That might be split along VI grounds.
      VI? Who's she?
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
        VI? Who's she?
        She's that one eyed lady known as Vested Interest.
        Now signature free.

Comment

I think it will improve it overall.
          Tenants won't get ripped off as much as they do and Landlords who have been evading tax for years cos they can't be found will now have to declare their earnings (and so they should)
          Ambition is Critical

I don't profess to be a knowledge in all areas, my advice is based on life experience.

Comment

Improve the letting market in which way?
            ASSUME NOTHING - QUESTION EVERYTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by lorenzo View Post
              She's that one eyed lady known as Vested Interest.
              Garn- nobody even knows what "vested" means in this context; it's nothing to do with whar Americans call "undershirts".
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Garn- nobody even knows what "vested" means in this context; it's nothing to do with whar Americans call "undershirts".
                haha, I found a spelling mistake by jeffrey!!!

>>>>>>>>>>.runs to find poppy
                Ambition is Critical

I don't profess to be a knowledge in all areas, my advice is based on life experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Paragon View Post
                  Improve the letting market in which way?
                  a) I think it'll instill more confidence in Tenants to go out and let.
                  b) The tax evaders will get scared of being tracked down and sell up lots of properties, to which the honest LL's can purchase and expand their businesses.. . .
                  Thus will improve living conditions....
                  the health of the country......
                  A reduction in spending on the NHS . . . . .
                  FEWER INTEREST HIKES!!!!!!!!!!
                  Ambition is Critical

Comment

There must be a Latin term for this type of argument...

... undershirts! LOL

BTW, whar's a Garn?
                    Now signature free.

Comment

Originally posted by J4L View Post
                      haha, I found a spelling mistake by jeffrey!!!

>>>>>>>>>>.runs to find poppy
                      1. Yes you did- well done.
                      2. Next, read all about capital letters.
                      3. To find most poppies, try Afghanistan.
                      4. Finally, tell us what you think "vested interest" means- that was the purpose of post.

Comment

1. Yes you did- well done.
                        2. Next, read all about capital letters.
                        3. To find most poppies, try Afghanistan.
                        4. Finally, tell us what you think "vested interest" means- that was the purpose of post.
                        1. Whoopa. There IS a GOD!
                        2. Don't need to really, was just being LAZY.
                        3. No there's 35 on here I'd rather find.
                        4. I think the purpose of the post really Jeffrey was an attempt at humour if I'm not mistaken.
                        Ambition is Critical

Comment

Item 3 sounds like a rather cheesy chat-up line.

Comment

From Wikipedia:

A vested interest is the state or condition of having a special interest in protecting or supporting something for the purpose of self-interest, gain or benefit, often financially or politically. By way of protecting their vested interests, individuals, groups or other entities may seek to maintain a status quo. However, if changing a system works in one's favor, supporting or effecting such change may also be in one's vested interest. "Vested interests" may also refer collectively to individuals or groups which seek to maintain a favorable state of affairs.
                            The context is perfect IMO.
                            Now signature free.

Comment

Item 3 sounds like a rather cheesy chat-up line.
                              Actually when I use such chat up lines I use the word 'poppet' not poppy. Haha
                              Ambition is Critical

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Deposit at the end of AST. Also, quiet enjoyment.
                                scooter08
                                Q1 – Where is the rented property located (England / Wales / Scotland / N Ireland)?
                                England

Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this e.g. sole tenant / multiple tenant / room only?
                                AST

Q3 – What date did current TA start dd/mm/yy?
                                12/04/2015
                                21-07-2017, 15:06 PM
                              • Reply to Deposit at the end of AST. Also, quiet enjoyment.
                                scooter08
                                Thanks for the reply jp....
                                21-07-2017, 18:32 PM
                                jpkeates
                                Makes sense - if the tenancy agreement doesn't say you have to let him and a surveyor in, his only right of access is with 24 hours written notice for the purpose of viewing the "condition and state of repair" of the property.

So you can simply decline or make your point.
                                21-07-2017, 18:23 PM
                                scooter08
                                I'm not trying to claim for breach of quiet enjoyment. He wants to be in again with a surveyor to use his property as security for something. I am going to let him I just want to remind him and have all the facts. Sorry if I didn't explain it right.

Only claiming for the non protection...
                                21-07-2017, 18:08 PM
                                scooter08
                                I pay the council tax, yes it is mortgaged. As far as I know he isn't pretending to live him and his family live in another house a few streets away....
                                21-07-2017, 18:01 PM
                              • HMO under Commercial Lease & homeowner wants to sell
                                bald555
                                Long story short, someone I know (not close) needed money, I gave him 12 months reduced rent upfront to help him out and put a commercial lease on his HMo with right to sublet etc (my tenants).

Few months in and his money problems are worse and the bank (and others) pressuring him to sell...
                                21-07-2017, 16:58 PM
                              • Reply to HMO under Commercial Lease & homeowner wants to sell
                                bald555
                                and yes, there is a mortgage...
                                21-07-2017, 17:44 PM
                                jpkeates
                                Harassment is way more than a breach of quiet enjoyment, there has to be a level of distress in the harassed person.

A retrospective claim for breach of quiet enjoyment is probably a non-starter - breach of quiet enjoyment is part of the kitchen sink people throw when they're claiming compensation...
                                21-07-2017, 17:43 PM
                                Wright76
                                And although as jpkeates suggests you have a right to turn them away and force a court order, this does not mean they have breached your right to quiet enjoyment.

It means you are refusing to honour your AST and the landlord Is forced to apply to court to make you legally comply. Again,...
                                21-07-2017, 17:35 PM
                              • Reply to HMO under Commercial Lease & homeowner wants to sell
                                bald555
                                Many thanks for the reply. Yes, my company has leased the HMO in question under commercial lease but it's not registered at land registry as it's only a 12 month lease.

Tenants are friends so less of am issue as such but they'll be outside of their 6 months by the time of any would be...
                                21-07-2017, 17:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X