Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tenant is pensioer

Hi
    I have a prospective tenant who is a pensioner and cares for her brother who has learning difficulties.

If the AST is signed by her and doesn't mention her brother , do i need to get him verified as well?

Also if he lived there with her and anything happened to her, how would we fair with him? Would he then have to leave or would he have a right to stay?

any thoughts would be appreciated

sorry about the typo in the title>>>>sticky keys!!

Comment

If you are happy with the pensioner's credit checks and references then you probably have a long term tenant. Her brother remains with her as her guest and has no rights himself. Thus there is no need to carry out any checks on him. If you ever have to terminate her tenancy, the court bailiff will eject any occupant of the house should things get nasty.

P.P.
      Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X