Filling in Section 21 & Form N5B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filling in Section 21 & Form N5B

I am new to the forum and have never had to complete these forms before. This is a longish post but someone with knowledge will whizz through it im sure but thanks in advance

My tenants signed their last AST on 1st feb 2014 for 6 months which will expire on 31st july 2014. I am going to serve a section 21(4)a on my tenants at the end of the tenancy. This is where i get confused. I have the section 21 template from this site but i dont know what dates go where or what dates to even put in. Its says the following i have cut and pasted it:-

after the expiry of this notice.

Date of Expiry of this Notice:

Signed (Landlord/Agent):

Date:

Could some please help? I think it should read

Date of Expiry of this Notice: 1st october 2014 as this date is 2 months after the end of tenancy agreement that being on 31st july 2013

Where it just says

Date: should i put 31st july as that is end of AST and date i intend to serve it?

Now to form n5b which i am finding very difficult to complete so if my questions sound silly please bear with me. I know this a little premature but tenants are a nightmare and will not leave unless carried out!!

P1 - top righthand corner i have put in my local court but do court complete claim number and fee account boxes?

Defendant(s) i have husband and wife tenants do i put their names and address in one box or separate boxes as two are provided

Bottom righthand corner do i put fee in or do court do that. I think its £280.

Does court complete issue date?

P2 my property is a self contained flat within a victorian house should i tick "a dwelling house"

Q2 i presume i fill in date of first tenancy agreement signed and last tenancy agreement signed?

Q3 do i delete everything after (or)

Q5 i presume that date should be 31st july presuming i have got my dates correct above which is the date i intend to serve the section 21 notice

Q7 i did not take a deposit so i presume none of that question i answer

Q8 i no this will sound really silly but there appears not to be any box to tick so shall i just write next to question "yes"

Sorry if this is a long post but it seems quite a strict process and dont want to get anything wrong!

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Deposit dispute
    by Worried landlady
    Thank you. Yes we did. ( I worked in a school so am expert blu tac remover!!) The paintwork - emulsion had a slight texture and the blu tac ( green tac) was stuck in the texture and had to be sanded and all repainted....
    18-10-2021, 15:14 PM
  • Deposit dispute
    by Worried landlady
    My tenant is disputing the amount i am charging for
    clearing the garden of ivy and brambles, she hadn’t touched it for the whole years tenancy
    Broken kitchen tap- operating handle missing
    removal of shattaf fitted without permission which had leaked all over floor, under floor and...
    18-10-2021, 11:29 AM
    by Worried landlady
    Ivy comes through from next door. Tenant had left it to grow all over path and steps. Brambles in privacy area with woodland trees. Tenant had allowed them to grow over steps and block path to bins. Contractor charged £84 for cut down and dispose of plus 2 large bins of weeds to tip....
    18-10-2021, 15:10 PM
  • Section 21 abolition - timetable
    by Kape65
    I know that abolishing Section 21 is not yet a done deal but is looking likely. Do we know when the governments white paper is likely to show it's face and how long after that before we will not be able to use Section 21 ( a crystal ball question I know ). I'm hoping to repossess at least one more property...
    18-10-2021, 14:30 PM
  • Reply to Landlord dispute - As guarantor I'm on the hook for missing payments
    by jpucng62
    Whatever the outcome of your personal situation it does highlight why LLs won't take tenants who don't meet their affordability criteria - with or without a guarantor. That is bad news for low income tenants.
    18-10-2021, 14:22 PM
  • Landlord dispute - As guarantor I'm on the hook for missing payments
    by gnicholls
    Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can provide me with some advice on the following. I'm acting as a guarantor for a friend who has been living in a flat that has turned out to be a bit of a hole. Based on the below I'm looking to understand whether I should just pay the missing rent and have...
    17-10-2021, 01:02 AM
    by theartfullodger
    You've got good evidence with inventory and photos, agreed by tenant, at tenancy start and then similar evidence at end? And photos of eg garden issues you describe?
    18-10-2021, 14:08 PM
  • Reply to Landlord dispute - As guarantor I'm on the hook for missing payments
    by Hooper
    I use guarantees quite a lot and would not have thought that was enforceable. For starters, it is not a deed. It also does ensure that you have been made aware of the significant implications of acting as guarantor. That said, my views on what constitutes a valid guarantee have been somewhat influenced...
    18-10-2021, 13:58 PM
  • Reply to Money Claim Telephone Hearing
    by bethy
    Hi there, sorry to hear you also have this. I feel like mine was a bit of a car crash as none of the paperwork was there so it got a bit 'he said/she said'. But other than that it was pretty fair.

I was asked to outline the situation as I saw it and what had happened to date. Then the defendants...
    18-10-2021, 13:49 PM
  • Money Claim Telephone Hearing
    by rapid111111
    S21 was issued, tenants left, has 9 months rent arrears amounting to over 10k+. The hearing review (which I wasn't called for or required to attend) progressed onto a money claim telephone hearing which is coming up as there was no longer a need for a possession claim. So I guess that means everything...
    12-10-2021, 09:55 AM
Working...
X