Filling in Section 21 & Form N5B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filling in Section 21 & Form N5B

I am new to the forum and have never had to complete these forms before. This is a longish post but someone with knowledge will whizz through it im sure but thanks in advance

My tenants signed their last AST on 1st feb 2014 for 6 months which will expire on 31st july 2014. I am going to serve a section 21(4)a on my tenants at the end of the tenancy. This is where i get confused. I have the section 21 template from this site but i dont know what dates go where or what dates to even put in. Its says the following i have cut and pasted it:-

after the expiry of this notice.

Date of Expiry of this Notice:

Signed (Landlord/Agent):

Date:

Could some please help? I think it should read

Date of Expiry of this Notice: 1st october 2014 as this date is 2 months after the end of tenancy agreement that being on 31st july 2013

Where it just says

Date: should i put 31st july as that is end of AST and date i intend to serve it?

Now to form n5b which i am finding very difficult to complete so if my questions sound silly please bear with me. I know this a little premature but tenants are a nightmare and will not leave unless carried out!!

P1 - top righthand corner i have put in my local court but do court complete claim number and fee account boxes?

Defendant(s) i have husband and wife tenants do i put their names and address in one box or separate boxes as two are provided

Bottom righthand corner do i put fee in or do court do that. I think its £280.

Does court complete issue date?

P2 my property is a self contained flat within a victorian house should i tick "a dwelling house"

Q2 i presume i fill in date of first tenancy agreement signed and last tenancy agreement signed?

Q3 do i delete everything after (or)

Q5 i presume that date should be 31st july presuming i have got my dates correct above which is the date i intend to serve the section 21 notice

Q7 i did not take a deposit so i presume none of that question i answer

Q8 i no this will sound really silly but there appears not to be any box to tick so shall i just write next to question "yes"

Sorry if this is a long post but it seems quite a strict process and dont want to get anything wrong!

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X