where to advertise a London flat to let

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone advise me of the best websites to advertise a London flat to let?
    Disclaimer: What I say is either right or wrong. It may be advisable to check what I say with a solicitor. If he says I am right then I am right, unless he is wrong in which case I am wrong; but if he says I am wrong then I am wrong, unless he is wrong in which case I am right

www.gumtree.com has always worked well for me. have tried Loot a number of times but with no success

Comment

Thanks Nick. Loot always used to be wonderful when advertising was free - it just goes to show the truth of the old saying: 'you don't get what you pay for'!
      Disclaimer: What I say is either right or wrong. It may be advisable to check what I say with a solicitor. If he says I am right then I am right, unless he is wrong in which case I am wrong; but if he says I am wrong then I am wrong, unless he is wrong in which case I am right

Comment

you have to be careful with Gumtree.. I had about 12 replies to my ad saying the property was "exactly what they were looking for"... as soon as I sent an application pack I never heard from them again..... or there were those that wanted to send me 6 months rent upfront without even seeing the place in an attempt to get out of the application stage! ... then they wanted money back etc!! I have been able to tick the box of every scam known to renting just by advertising on gumtree!!!
        GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

Which part of London is your Flat?

Comment

Wood Green N22

Comment

well Uncle Fester? any ideas??

Comment

perhaps these problems are location based. In London I've used gumtree to find 10 tenants in the last 12 months (also using applications) without experiencing any of these problems. as gumtree is free lawstudent might find it worth a try

Originally posted by justaboutsane View Post
                you have to be careful with Gumtree.. I had about 12 replies to my ad saying the property was "exactly what they were looking for"... as soon as I sent an application pack I never heard from them again..... or there were those that wanted to send me 6 months rent upfront without even seeing the place in an attempt to get out of the application stage! ... then they wanted money back etc!! I have been able to tick the box of every scam known to renting just by advertising on gumtree!!!

Comment

I have also used gumtree successfully several times always get a few "chancers" but that happens with Loot and various other sites too.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to compensation for no heating or hot water for 2 weeks in winter?
                    by jpucng62
                    Providing heaters and a cash sum to pay for the extra cost running them will incur might take the sting out of the situation. I cannot imagine being without heating and hot water for 2 weeks!
                    25-01-2022, 09:09 AM
                  • Reply to Water Damage
                    by Hudson01
                    If i am honest i feel they have a point, they rented a bedroom not a lounge to keep moving their bedding in and out of for a couple of weeks, if you do give a rent reduction then add this onto the bill for the insurers. I assume that the lounge is shared by them all so what if the tenant who's bedroom...
                    25-01-2022, 09:05 AM
                  • Reply to Water Damage
                    by jpucng62
                    Put yourself in their shoes - they have lost their lounge and the tenant using it as a bedroom has lost their privacy. They are paying for something they are not getting and although it isn’t your fault it is not their fault either.

I would offer them something and try to get it back...
                    25-01-2022, 09:03 AM
                  • Reply to Regulated Tenancy
                    by AndrewDod
                    Well everything has a price. The price discount here may be to purchase at about 10% of the price of a similar non-problematical property if you want to take a punt on possible a very long term benefit versus a long term loss....
                    25-01-2022, 08:44 AM
                  • Reply to Water Damage
                    by DoricPixie
                    Keeping a soaking wet carpet in-situ until such time as the council can come out and inspect doesn’t sound ideal for either the tenants or your property. Have you contacted your own insurers?...
                    25-01-2022, 08:42 AM
                  • Reply to Water Damage
                    by DoricPixie
                    And if you don’t meet their demands by the deadline what exactly are the tenants going to do?...
                    25-01-2022, 08:37 AM
                  • Water Damage
                    by Cheetah
                    I have three 20-somethings in an ex-council flat in a block of six. A week ago they reported that the carpet and the furniture legs in the small bedroom had been damaged by water ingress. The tenant in that room had to move into the lounge. The council have accepted responsibility for the damage as...
                    25-01-2022, 08:34 AM
                  • Reply to What to do at the end of an AST period?
                    by jtufty
                    An update:

The tenant's partner has spoken to his support worker and theyve confirmed he will lose all his benefits if he moves in. So the tenant has decided to leave things as they are and wants to go into another 6 month AST.

Rather than continuing on a Periodic Tenancy,...
                    25-01-2022, 07:56 AM
                  • What to do at the end of an AST period?
                    by jtufty
                    Hi,

I rent a property. The initial 6 months of the AST ends in Jan 2022. The tenant is very nice and she asked yesterday if she can stay on for another 6 months.

Is it a simple case of just giving her another AST contract to sign? Im sure it is, but wondered if theres anything...
                    28-12-2021, 08:35 AM
                  • Reply to compensation for no heating or hot water for 2 weeks in winter?
                    by L4NDLORD
                    slightly off point you might think at first but stay with it.....i was doing up a fairly good flat on third floor of block and found the gas supply pipe had a smaller bore than as required for a modern combi boiler. So we chucked in a conventional system boiler rated at something like 7 or 8 kw and...
                    25-01-2022, 04:44 AM
                  Working...
                  X