Serving a S21 - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serving a S21 - help!

Hi, my tenant is on a periodic tenancy agreement which became periodic from the 6th September a few years back. I am about to serve a S21 notice and am visiting her on Wednesday to tell her personally as we are on good terms. Can someone confirm the dates of the notice I need to give her please?

Her monthly periodic tenancy runs from the 6th of the month
    I am serving the notice on the 9th July.
    To ensure she has two clear months of notice which finish at the end of a tenancy period (5th), I think her final notice to quite date should be 5th October 2014. Is this right?

Thanks so much

Assuming the notice is under Section 21(4)(a) then that date looks correct - but it's not the date to quit, it's the date after which you require possession. Make sure your notice says "after".

Comment

Thanks. Ive downloaded a section 21 for a periodic tenancy from this website which is titled Notice requiring Possession, and it says that I require possession of this dwelling after the expiry of this notice. Think thats right? Thanks again

Comment

Was a deposit taken, protected properly and the PI served?

Comment

If you write in the date (5 oct) ensure it is immediately preceeded by the word 'after' ie correct phrase is " I require possession after 5th Oct 2014"

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X