Sitting tennant no contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very sorry for your trouble - it seems you have a real p**s taker of a tenant. I hope the local authorities have been more sympathetic about your housing situation than the tenants.

As I understand it the only defence that can be offered is that your tenant is claiming they would suffer exceptional hardship by having to move out within 14 days (hardship beyond what you would normally think of with a 14 day period to pack). In those circumstances they may claim for more time before possession is granted - which the court may give them. I would like to think that the hardship of your own circumstances might count for something with the court, but somehow I am not hopeful.

At the risk of extra expense, with a tenant who seems determined to play as silly buggers as possible, it might be time to take some professional legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by MDM View Post

At the risk of extra expense, with a tenant who seems determined to play as silly buggers as possible, it might be time to take some professional legal advice.
      I totally agree
      All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

UPDATE - Judge granted me possession by 20th June and costs. What are my options now ? What if the tenant refuses to move on that date and she does not let bailiffs enter the premises ? If i think she has done a runner can i enter my property now that i have a possession order ? Or should i wait for the bailiffs ? Regards

Comment

Unless she surrenders the tenancy - typically indicated by vacating the premsises with all her stuff and leaving the keys behind - only the baliffs can forcibly evict her. You can't instruct the baliffs until she fails to move out (on the 20th) and then they may take up to four weeks to be able to act.

You can still enter the property in an emergency - e.g. if you smell gas when you go visiting, or have reason to believe a tap may have been left running. However, being inside to attend to that matter wouldn't give you the right to do anything tempting (but silly) like throwing her stuff out and changing the locks if there was any evidence that she was still in residence.

Therefore your definite end date to this sorry saga is not necessarily the 20th June, but the 20th June + up to four weeks when you with locksmith in attendance (or possible B&Q lock changing kit) can watch the baliffs in action.

However, irritating though the delay is, I hope you are heartened that the legal wheels have been moving slowly but inexorably your way. I hope your own accomodation needs have been sorted - don't like to think of you and family on the street - and let us know how it all pans out.

Comment

Anyone know what happened with this one ?! I'm curious.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X