Rental Guarantee??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rental Guarantee??

I wonder if somebody could please just clarify the two different meanings of this.
    I understand that one such scheme covers the landlord should the tenant fail to keep up payments and the other whereby an agent can offer a scheme that gurantees a monthly payment even if the property is empty.

Am I right above?
    What are the costs of such schemes?
    Does anybody recommend a particular scheme for either/both?
    Ambition is Critical

I don't profess to be a knowledge in all areas, my advice is based on life experience.

Rent Guarantee

Most of these schemes cover rent and legal expenses if the tenant defaults or you need to take him to court.
    Your tenants must pass quite stringent credit checks and referencing and there is usually one month's excess on the policy.
    One scheme I'm aware of costs £100 for 12 month's cover, regardless how many tenants you have in that time.
    They are a very good safeguard if you are dependent on income to pay off a mortgage.

Comment

Originally posted by Editor View Post
      Most of these schemes cover rent and legal expenses if the tenant defaults or you need to take him to court. What if the property is empty and not a problem with a tenant?
      Your tenants must pass quite stringent credit checks and referencing and there is usually one month's excess on the policy.
      One scheme I'm aware of costs £100 for 12 month's cover, regardless how many tenants you have in that time.Could I get a link or a name of a company please, this sounds quite reasonable.They are a very good safeguard if you are dependent on income to pay off a mortgage.
      Thanks In advance
      Ambition is Critical

I don't profess to be a knowledge in all areas, my advice is based on life experience.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• What next? Bailiffs?
        MrEllington
        We rented our property last year, and had a tenant that didn't pay rent for the last 6 months of his tenancy.
        He cited health issues, but was clearly seen with a new car, and waltzing around dumping furniture that he didn't need

We had to use a Section 21 eviction notice to get him...
        19-07-2017, 14:12 PM
      • Reply to What next? Bailiffs?
        islandgirl
        Ha ha I do! However to be honest I love the thought that he has to struggle to pay the £100 a month or so every month - I am sure he thinks of me fondly as he sends off the payment! He has paid off about half of it now though - I waited 2 years and got nothing so sent it to the High Court for £60.There...
        20-07-2017, 12:30 PM
      • Advice please - tenant potentially challenging Section 21
        newlandlord17
        I was an unexpected landlord when I inherited a property recently. Originally I thought I wanted to carry on but then the tenant was nagging about small repairs and when my contractor went in he said the house was very messy, there was a smell of cat urine and a lampshade and door had been damaged....
        20-07-2017, 10:21 AM
      • Reply to Advice please - tenant potentially challenging Section 21
        theartfullodger
        Would need to expire after end fixed term.

Have S3 & s48 notices been served prior to s21?

Are you confident s21 was valid? Told by solicitor Tuesday that 70% of landlords s21s are invalid....
        20-07-2017, 12:22 PM
      • Agent refusing to give reference until we hand in notice
        Jenny7
        Hi, hope you can offer some insight, we are looking to move rental property due to new job starting in September in a new location.
        So thankfully we've a window to shop around to find a new place.
        We've found one suitable spot but we're still looking around, the new place has asked for credit...
        17-07-2017, 12:10 PM
      • Reply to Agent refusing to give reference until we hand in notice
        Jenny7
        thanks, but it's exactly this sort of thing we wish to avoid, bad faith and stress :-(
        is the rental system really set up like this? to prevent tenants from looking and shopping and moving with ease?
        I guess we've rented the same spot so long we figured we could move when chose not be subject...
        20-07-2017, 12:22 PM
        JK0
        I wouldn't sweat it. Worse comes to worse, you can stay on at the end of your notice. Landlord would still have to go to court to get rid of you.
        20-07-2017, 12:17 PM
      • Claiming for Non protected deposit
        charliesugar
        This is posted on behalf of my cleaner who approached me for help after her last landlord failed to reply to her repeated requests for return of her deposit.
        She rented a room in a shared house in London, AST, weekly rent all paid on time. Notice given and accepted, room left neat and clean....
        27-06-2017, 13:18 PM
      • Reply to Claiming for Non protected deposit
        charliesugar
        So, the weeks have passed by with no reply from the landlord. I decided to give him a call myself today just to get a feel for the situation. He basically tried to deny that he was the agent in question but then went on to say he would not be paying anything back. We have contacted one of the No Win...
        20-07-2017, 12:16 PM
        Jenny7
        thanks all for the useful advice and insight
        we contacted the LL directly since I posted but she is taking advice from our current agent who are saying it would be utterly unfair to provide a reference before we hand in our notice as it would not leave them time to advertise and the house would...
        20-07-2017, 12:15 PM
      Working...
      X