End of Tenancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that the agent is contracted to the landlord - not you, so any action you take to get your deposit returned must be against the landlord, irrespective of any excuses he gives. The agent has taken the deposit on the landlord's behalf, and you should have nothing to do with him if he refuses to return your deposit.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Thanks. Heard from him again and says that will return all of the deposit within 7-10 days of us leaving and will check the house when we leave. Hopefully it will all work ok.

Comment

Yes - that sounds like the sort of thing that I would say and do. If he finds any excuse to reduce your deposit when he carries out his inspection, try and agree the amount of the deduction, make sure he is not trying to gain any betterment - you are allowed fair wear and tear, and request he sends you copies of quotations/receipts where appropriate. Hopefully he will be happy and refund you in full as he promised. I have never yet failed to get a tenant's agreement when a deposit deduction has been appropriate and this is, for me, a very rare occurrence.

P.P.
        Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X