Is a further 6-month agreement essential?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a further 6-month agreement essential?

My estate agent contacted me today asking me to sign a new 6 month contract because it is now law. I told them that i am now on a monthly rolling contract and see no reason to tie myself into a 6 month contract as a contract is already in place.

Please can someone confirm whether what the estate agent said is true and it is LAW that all tenants MUST be in a 6 month contract???

cheers

Complete the second part of this phrase which applies to the 'advice' given by your letting agent who sounds like they are itching to get renewal fees from the usually unnecessary act of re-issuing another AST when a periodic tenancy is fine and legal.

bull****
    Last edited by Beeber; 09-05-2007, 19:55 PM. Reason: forgot an asterix, would you believe..

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
      MrShed
      I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
      20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
    • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
      jpkeates
      We can trade with anyone.
      What matters is the terms we trade on.

Currently we're beyond screwed.
      I wanted more for my children than being a pale version of a comic relief video....
      20-07-2017, 20:31 PM
      JK0
      Happy days! We can trade with the EU after Brexit then!...
      20-07-2017, 20:24 PM
      jpkeates
      That's two questions.

First, no.
      Second, no.

The EU trades with China on the basis that no personal data is migrated, same as the USA....
      20-07-2017, 20:23 PM
      JK0
      20-07-2017, 20:17 PM
      JK0
      So the EU requires anyone it trades with at the moment to comply with all the laws the EU complies with? Erm, doesn't most stuff come from China nowadays?...
      20-07-2017, 20:16 PM
    • RGI and housing benefit
      cdbe
      Hi, new to the forum and relatively new to letting. My situation is:

Couple view house, like it etc, seem OK to me. She's full time employed, he's currently unemployed but looking to start his own business as a tattoo artist. Still ok-ish. They pay me £100 holding deposit and £100 referencing...
      18-07-2017, 00:08 AM
    • Reply to RGI and housing benefit
      cdbe
      Thanks. I've binned them off. The ref co said what she earns won't cover it. TBH I don't know why I tried. I've offered her the holding deposit in full plus whatever I get back from uklandlord referencing.co (I paid them £140 - 110 for one reference and 1 year RGI and 30 for second reference, so basically...
      20-07-2017, 19:48 PM
    • Resident Landlord tenancy
      Rocky1001
      Hi all, need some advice please.

I'm in the process of letting my flat out but am struggling to work out exactly what type of tenancy I should be using, from my research I believe it should be a form of Excluded resident landlord tenancy but I can't seem to find a suitable template as...
      10-07-2017, 12:55 PM
    • Reply to Resident Landlord tenancy
      Rocky1001
      Hi, thanks for that, so would it make a difference if I offer shared use of the main bathroom and not just limit the tenant to their en-suite in their self contained section?
      Also can I ask recommendation regarding best way of handling council tax?

I assume their are existing templates...
      20-07-2017, 17:40 PM
    Working...
    X