Section 21 dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21 dates

I have a tenant who I'm serving both section 8 and section 21 notice on.

His tenancy started on 21st November 2013 and due to expire on 20/05/2014 but I want to get Section 21 in asap.

Would I be right in using the Section 21 still in tenancy rather than the Periodic one. I rather ask a stupid question then have it thrown out in Court.

Would the date be 2 months from when I serve or when tenancy is due to finish.

Many thanks

You use a Sec 21 based on what the tenancy is when the Sec 21 is served, not what it will be when the Sec 21 expires.
    If I were posting/hand delivering one tomorrow, I would use an expiry date of the 20th July 2014.
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Thank you,

Just filled in the form off the Landlordzone, there is a date when served, but nowhere else for writing when the expire date is. The form just looks too simple. Also rent paid weekly, I believe tat may alter thigs, but I will use an expire date of 20th July, would I just put this date on the Court form later on.

Its just that the for says "after the expiry of this 2 months notice, which I will serve on the 12th May.

Cant afford to get things wrong.

Thanks

Comment

I use this Sec 21:

http://www.letlink.co.uk/GeneralInfo...on/S21_4_A.pdf

To show date of service, you will have your certificate of posting from the Post Office.
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Thank you thesaint, but thats for Periodic Tenancy, tenant is still in fixed term which ends on the 20th May. I know its only a week or so away from date tenancy goes to periodic but want to serve now as tenant has no end of drug related issues and other tenants are being woken at early hours with dug users banging on his window. Will be delivering by hand as best proof of receipt in the shared house HMO as had previous tenant claim that post was tampered at court and had to start again.

Comment

Sorry:

http://www.letlink.co.uk/GeneralInfo...on/S21_1_B.pdf

In that case, I would serve by hand and post, but definitely by post.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X