Exam next week, ask me lots of questions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exam next week, ask me lots of questions!

I am sitting my final exam next week for my diploma in residential letting & property management. Revision is sooo tedious! Come on - ask me lots of 'exam type' questions!!

OK Ziggy
    If i had a flat let out on a ast now periodic, and the tenant gave me notice and left, i then find out that the "boyfriend" who I did not know was living with her, was refusing to move, how would i get him out?
    Good luck with the exam did you do it on line or at a college?

Comment

Thank you

As the boyfriend had no contractual agreement to be in the property, then I think he would be considered a squatter (providing no rent had been accepted from him), and could be asked to leave. If he refused then a court order to evict him could be sought quite quickly.

I completed the course by distance learning (assignments), but have to go to London for the written exam

Comment

Ziggy, what course was it and who runs it?

Here's a question: On 28 April 2005 on your way home from work at 6.00 p.m. you hand deliver a S.21 notice through the letterbox at the tenant's address giving him notice to end a periodic AST after 30 June 2005. Will this be valid?

Comment

Originally posted by dazalock
          Ziggy, what course was it and who runs it?

Here's a question: On 28 April 2005 on your way home from work at 6.00 p.m. you hand deliver a S.21 notice through the letterbox at the tenant's address giving him notice to end a periodic AST after 30 June 2005. Will this be valid?

nice try Dazzalock
          My advice is not based on formal legal training but experience gained in 20+ years in the letting industry.

Comment

Surely he is not a squatter because the tenant let him in

He would only be a squatter if you had gained vacant possession & then he started to live there

He is an unauthorised occupant.....

So who do you take to court? Him or your tenant?

Or just send the boys round?

Comment

OK, so what is the difference betwen an unauthorised occupant & a squatter?

Comment

I think I already said?

An unauthorised occupant is some one let into the dwelling by a tenant & left in occupation

A squatter gains entrance to the dwelling after tenant has give the landlord vacant possession & the tenancy has ended

So the sataus of the occupant is different & you can follow a different legal route

Comment

But if you want a phone number for the boys.................................

Comment

Good luck with the exam ziggy.

Q.- If after the tenancy agreement is signed by tenant and agent, and the landlords name is incorrect, what can be done to ammend the situation?

Comment

This is an educated guess!

I would correct the name by hand, and have both agent & tenant sign & date the correction

Comment

See you there!

I'm doing that exam as well! I have done my revision and have the advantage of working in a lettings environment every day.

Good luck - might run into you!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                        X