Incentives for good tenants.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incentives for good tenants.

Just wondered if you have considered/provided an incentive to good tenants renewing their contract?

I'm thinking a voucher for a meal out or something for the property.

Maybe the hard nosed business types out there will say no way but as an investment in a good tenant it could pay for itself many times over.

Originally posted by Wickerman
    We gave a (good) bottle of wine to one of our tenants, at Christmas and when he moved out.

Absolutely perfect tenant - there for 3 years.
    Same here and on their birthdays, as well.
    ASSUME NOTHING - QUESTION EVERYTHING!

Comment

Nah, surely not. A moving out present? The incentive I was thinking was a way of say 'Thanks for being good tenants over the last year, I look forward to another year of the same'

Paragon they get a birthday presents? Hope you haven't got many HMO's you'll need shares in Clinton Cards.

Just to expand on my thinking ... I've been reviewing my financial affairs and stripping out the dead wood. What I mean by that is changing tariffs on phones, remortgaging, broadband etc etc.

On each occasion I've been put through to a re tensions person. They have offered all sorts of incentives to keep me as a customer. My reaction, 'If you wanted to keep my custom then you should have been proactive in keeping it'. It's quite probable that I would stay with a company that wasn't the cheapest but were prepared to show the value of my custom in some small way. Hence where we came in, an incentive for a tenant.

Comment

How about a rent break at Christmas? I always feel guilty collecting rents at Christmas lol.Mind you I think you better be well versed on your tenants different religious holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedle Dum View Post
          How about a rent break at Christmas? I always feel guilty collecting rents at Christmas lol.Mind you I think you better be well versed on your tenants different religious holidays.
          'Rent breaks' Tweedle Dum wash your mouth out immediately.

Comment

Hi Tweedle Dum,

Impressive with Rent Breaks indeed, so long as you can get your Mortgage Lender to do the same to you then pass it on to your Tennent!!!! Joker!!
            Last edited by sharemaster2; 08-05-2007, 14:00 PM. Reason: spelling!!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
              MrShed
              I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
              20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
            • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
              jpkeates
              We can trade with anyone.
              What matters is the terms we trade on.

Currently we're beyond screwed.
              I wanted more for my children than being a pale version of a comic relief video....
              20-07-2017, 20:31 PM
              JK0
              Happy days! We can trade with the EU after Brexit then!...
              20-07-2017, 20:24 PM
              jpkeates
              That's two questions.

First, no.
              Second, no.

The EU trades with China on the basis that no personal data is migrated, same as the USA....
              20-07-2017, 20:23 PM
              JK0
              20-07-2017, 20:17 PM
              JK0
              So the EU requires anyone it trades with at the moment to comply with all the laws the EU complies with? Erm, doesn't most stuff come from China nowadays?...
              20-07-2017, 20:16 PM
            • RGI and housing benefit
              cdbe
              Hi, new to the forum and relatively new to letting. My situation is:

Couple view house, like it etc, seem OK to me. She's full time employed, he's currently unemployed but looking to start his own business as a tattoo artist. Still ok-ish. They pay me £100 holding deposit and £100 referencing...
              18-07-2017, 00:08 AM
            • Reply to RGI and housing benefit
              cdbe
              Thanks. I've binned them off. The ref co said what she earns won't cover it. TBH I don't know why I tried. I've offered her the holding deposit in full plus whatever I get back from uklandlord referencing.co (I paid them £140 - 110 for one reference and 1 year RGI and 30 for second reference, so basically...
              20-07-2017, 19:48 PM
            • Resident Landlord tenancy
              Rocky1001
              Hi all, need some advice please.

I'm in the process of letting my flat out but am struggling to work out exactly what type of tenancy I should be using, from my research I believe it should be a form of Excluded resident landlord tenancy but I can't seem to find a suitable template as...
              10-07-2017, 12:55 PM
            • Reply to Resident Landlord tenancy
              Rocky1001
              Hi, thanks for that, so would it make a difference if I offer shared use of the main bathroom and not just limit the tenant to their en-suite in their self contained section?
              Also can I ask recommendation regarding best way of handling council tax?

I assume their are existing templates...
              20-07-2017, 17:40 PM
            Working...
            X