Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing a back boiler..

Hey All,

Looking at purchasing a 3 bed end terrace with an old style back boiler heating system.

Question is do I need to replace the old system with a new style condensing/combi boiler system to pass the gas safety check? Or can I leave it as is?

I've tried Gritish Bas but they are no help (muppets!)

I have a back boiler in one of our properties and it has always passed the safety certificate (whilst a condensing boiler we have keeps getting mutters that it could do with replacing-not for safety but for reliability).

Comment

The boiler and the Flue/liner must be compliant. Many property still have Back boiler that are serviced by BG and other Corgi engineers. BG always try and tell you it need changing as the spares are difficult to get. They are form there BG Spares department but everyone else stocks them. Regards Peter

Comment

was just about to post and saw Petes post and agree. some of our clients have a BB and BG are always saying "oh you need to get this replaced as we only hold 14 parts and 10 of these are screws" but if you shop around you can get spares.

as long as it been checked by a Corgi engineer and a pass certificate is issued it should be fine.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Deposit not Protected
          prm70115
          Hi there,

I have recently found out the the agent (working for the landlord) has not protected my deposit paid Summer 2017 for a 6 month tenancy. The tenancy is up in 2 weeks and I have been asked if I want to renew which I would like to do as I wish to stay in the property.

15-01-2018, 11:42 AM
        • Reply to Deposit not Protected
          prm70115
          I would like to stay at the property and renew for a further year. Should I sign a new AST or just let the tenancy rgo to a periodic one?

I am worried when I eventually come to leave the property say in one years time that the LA / LL will try and find ways to deduct money from the deposit,...
          16-01-2018, 07:46 AM
        • service charge
          Sparkz
          I am now living in a one bed flat owned by a housing association, for the past year the communal boilers that provide hot water and heating to all flats and the sheltered housing block has been frequently faulty leaving us without hot water or heating.

So the HA have replaced the boilers...
          15-01-2018, 21:26 PM
        • Reply to service charge
          Sparkz
          I doubt it, but I think the charge should be reduced because if the change?...
          16-01-2018, 07:32 AM
        • How much to tolerate in social housing (In Scotland but question to all)
          dekaspace
          Moved to social housing just over a year ago, neighbour upstairs has 2 kids I put up with everyday noise as much as I could and spoke to them at Easter last year because I was kept awake till 4am 2 nights in a row by loud booming voices that I could hear even in spare room and they had a 6am-1am party...
          14-01-2018, 22:45 PM
        • Reply to How much to tolerate in social housing (In Scotland but question to all)
          wfd_property
          Are you a tenant? If so, same landlord?

Is their landlord the freeholder?

Complain to both and say your quiet enjoyment is affected....
          16-01-2018, 07:21 AM
        • Letting in name of a Ltd company
          matt.svppli
          Hi,

I have a quick question to ask.
          Is it generally acceptable to sign a tenancy agreement in name of one's business and make rent payments via a business account?

The idea here is that part of the rented house would work as a home office, therefore I would like the payments...
          15-01-2018, 14:16 PM
        • Reply to Letting in name of a Ltd company
          wfd_property
          The rationale is that the occupant has a main residence elsewhere (usually mummy's house) and is renting a flat near temporary work as lodging, which can be a legitimate business expense.

Its nothing to do with having a home office....
          16-01-2018, 07:15 AM
        • Termination of Tenancy
          janeygee
          Hi,
          looking for some practical advice here, first post.I shall try to hit the main points and be brief.
          I have been renting my house to a couple whilst I have been out of the UK with a private rental contract, visiting the house once a year. They have been renting for 10 years , on a one...
          15-01-2018, 15:34 PM
        • Reply to Termination of Tenancy
          wfd_property
          This will cause you the biggest problem (lack of certification).

I would suggest based on what I have read that:

-they have no basis on which to be reimbursed for the work they did without permission (and maybe with the expectation they would be living there for many years,...
          16-01-2018, 07:12 AM
        Working...
        X