Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrears, Sharers and New Tenants...

Hi,

I was wondering whether someone could help?

My flat was let out to sharers, who have since moved out and new sharers have moved in. We do not have a contract with the new sharers, and now they are in arrears. They have paid the rent for some time but are now 3 months in arrears so I understand that we have an implied contract... but that is it.

How do I get them out?

Thanks!

Helen

You will probably need to serve them a 'section 8 notice', with grounds for rent arrears of over 2 months.

See http://landlordzone.co.uk/rent_arrears_evictions.htm
    All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Hi,

As none of the current tenants are named on the tenancy agreement, there is only an implied contract as they have been paying and we have been providing the accomodation. I think because of this we will have problems serving a section 8.

Helen

Comment

You don't have to have a written contract.

Serve S8 notice in the names of the tenants who are actually in the flat.

Let that also be a lesson to you about getting names on contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by HelenH View Post
          Hi,

As none of the current tenants are named on the tenancy agreement, there is only an implied contract as they have been paying and we have been providing the accomodation. I think because of this we will have problems serving a section 8.

Helen
          Bearing this in mind; if the tenants do not have a written agreement, you will need to serve a section 48 notice, as they may not officially have the landlords name and address. Rent is not legally due without it; the judge may want to know that they have been served a section 48 notice for this reason.
          All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X