Deposit return - advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit return - advice please

We left our property 3 weeks ago. No check out report was done, just a new check in report for the new tenants who moved in 2 days later. Hence I wasn't at any check out report to see the issues or state my case. There was a check in done for us on move in initially.

I've been shown the new tenants check in, 10 days after we moved out and agreed with the landlord that there are certain areas that need more cleaning and the garden needed more attention. The landlord has still not come up with any figures for deductions they wish to take from the deposit despite me asking for this twice. At the end of the tenancy I engaged professional cleaners, carpet cleaners etc and I have offered a sum to correct the issues but she just wants to rant at me about how it should be me organising the work and paying for it. This has now moved on to 'she will get quotes and get back to me when she has them'. I have no idea how long this will take. We are not talking about a small deposit, it's 2 months too and no part of it has been returned.

I have said I want to take this to the TDS as I find her very difficult to deal with and correspondence is getting nowhere and becoming quite argumentative instead of productive.

So, can I raise a dispute without her giving me actual figures she wishes to deduct?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Have you contacted the TDS and put your question to them?
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

The deposit needs to be returned within 30 days (10 days with some schemes).

You're not there yet, but you would be wise to contact the TDS now to tell them you have not yet even been issued with a list of proposed deductions.

The LL cannot reasonably charge for her inconvenience in having to arrange additional cleaning - only for the cleaning itself, and then only if that is reasonable.
      IANAL (I am not a lawyer). Anything I say here is just an opinion, so should not be relied upon! Always check your facts with a professional who really knows their onions.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X