DPS how long to start court action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPS how long to start court action

How long after tenancy ended one have to start court action against landlord for not protecting deposit? I was't aware of it at the time, my previous tenancy ended 4 years ago and my landlord did't play fair with us at the time so I'm considering to kick the ball now if I'm not outside time bar. If anyone have knowledge please share it.
    thanks

The time limit is usually 6 years.

If your tenancy ended 4 years ago this would be pre the localism act that came into force in April 2012. The rules at that time did not allow for action to be taken after the tenancy had ended.

Comment

daveg thanks for advice

Comment

one more questions, I don`t wanna do new thread. does it means that for my current tenancy I will have 6 years from end of it to raise the claim in court?
        and more more think. fact that my deposit was`t protected or the details of it was`t provided to me does it render my landlady claims from my deposit invalid? or she will be able to claim if anything through the courts? just getting ready for moving out, if she find something that I would know how to talk to her.
        thanks

Comment

You have 6 years from date when deposit should have been protected to raise a claim, not 6yr aftperceiveer end of T IMO
          LL can sue you for any perceived T damage. Unaffected by deposit non-protection.

Comment

thanks, looks like I have to find all the emails in which my landlady told that I can do whatever I want with her table, sofa, bed etc

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X