Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need the lease?

Hi all,

I have bought an apartment that I will be renting out. Do I have to do anything with the lease? A few people have told me that I need to take it with me when signing the agreement with the new tenant, why is this?

Thanks, Kristian

Does your lease allow you to rent out your flat?

If it does, have you got all the consents you may need from your freeholder? Have you paid any fees due to your freeholder for consent to let?

All these things will be written in your lease.

Comment

Originally posted by kj2 View Post
      A few people have told me that I need to take it with me when signing the agreement with the new tenant, why is this?
      Ask them why?
      Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

It could also be that your lease restricts the use of the property that you're planning on renting out so you will need to make sure that your tenants are aware of your lease covenants and that they agree to obey them, otherwise you could breach the terms of your lease through your tenants.

Comment

One, you msy have to prove you own the flat.

Two, The tenants have to obey the terms in your lease, as well as the terms in the A.S.T.
          Such as no ball games, no BBQ's, keep the common parts clear of rubbish.
          You copy the relevant portions of your lease and giive a copy to the tenants.
          The A.S.T. will state that the tenant has been given a copy.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X