Landlord ending tenancy earlier than agreed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adviceplease2014 View Post
    I offered the landlord a deal whereby I would do it cheaply if he would guarantee that she could have it for at least three years and he agreed. I had no reason to doubt him on this as he said it is just a rental property and that he plans on renting forever anywayfirst months rent as he could not even pay me the £700.

I have only skim read, but you are saying you have a 3 year tenancy agreement from July of last year, but they have served a Sec 21 to expire this month?
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

No. There was only a 6 month AST.

Comment

I see. Agreed for 3 years, but actually agreed for 6 months. I couldn't see that coming.
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

It was not actually like that, he was/or indicated he was willing to sign a longer tenancy but as it was set up by the council they arranged all the tenancy agreements and everything else. Their agreements are only ever for six months. So it was sort of out of my hands.

Comment

Are the council a party to the tenancy agreement, and the landlord let them supply a tenancy agreement which he agreed to? If so, he's mad.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by a party to the agreement, they had to go and sign the tenancy witnesses by the council staff. The tenancy agreement was supplied by them and yes he agreed. I think I must be the mad one as he has come out of this just fine.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X