cream sofa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cream sofa

I am looking to let out my property. I recently moved in thinking I would be living here so I got a brand new cream leather sofa from dfs (2 and 3 seater). Having changed my mind I am not confused about whether it would be ok to leave it in the property.
    I spent around 1k on it.
    Is there anything I can do?

Do you mean for the tenants to use it or do you just want to store it there?
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Originally posted by cranberry27 View Post
      Is there anything I can do?
      Of course, there are many things you can do.

You can leave it. You can take it. You can sell it. You can try and get DFS to take it back(!). You can give it to friends or family. You can freecycle it. If not letting your property as furnished, you can see if the Tenants want to buy it, or you can decide to let it as fully furnished or part furnished. I'm sure there are even more things you can do.

It's not clear on what you're really asking, though... is the main focus of the thread on "cream"? Or the £1,000? Or the newness? It's really not clear what's being asked. Can you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by cranberry27 View Post
        I am not confused about whether it would be ok to leave it in the property.
        You should know what to do then.
        "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

I'm worried because it's a brand new and expensive sofa and also cream.
          I'm worried that if I give it to tenants they won't take care of it. Selling it on to tenants would be best if they are willing to buy it but if not then I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to give it away for free to friends or family. Not sure if I sell it on ebay etc if I will get a decent price for it.
          Is there anything I can put in the contract that can ease my worries?

Comment

Are you supplying the property furnished or unfurnished.

If it's something that's going to cause you to worry about I wouldn't leave it with complete strangers.
            "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

You will be getting Landlord's Insurance, right? Can't you just ensure the Contents Cover that you get covers that - to whatever level you need - as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Hippogriff View Post
                You will be getting Landlord's Insurance, right? Can't you just ensure the Contents Cover that you get covers that - to whatever level you need - as well?
                Not sure if depreciation of asset value due to fair wear and tear is an insurance claim?

(Assuming of course this is what the OP is concerned about - who knows).

Comment

I worked on this line "I'm worried that if I give it to tenants they won't take care of it." that cranberry27 said... so I'm assuming cover for damage beyond wear-and-tear would be what was wanted. Otherwise, quite as you say, who knows... cranberry27 hasn't been totally clear, really.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X