Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remove tenant

hi all,
    could anyone tell me the correct proceedure to remove a tenant from my property.
    ie when to serve her notice ? like correct dates and forms , her rent is due on the 24 april .

thanks
    neil

We will need more information before we can answer your question. Why do you want her out? What sort of tenancy agreement does she hold and what are the dates on it? Is the property based in England and Wales, Scotland or elsewhere.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Direct Debit vs Standing Order
      by Ted.E.Bear
      Seriously?
      Any sensible tenant should question why you want the authority to take more than the rent.
      That isn't being 'tricky', it's just not being foolish....
      23-09-2020, 10:33 AM
    • Direct Debit vs Standing Order
      by danwestgarth
      Has anyone any experience in collecting rent from tenants using Direct Debit opposed to Standing Order? From what i understand, with Direct Debit the payee (landlord) is in control, rather than the payor (tenant). JCould be a good way to minimize missed payments during covid-19. Does anyone know of...
      22-09-2020, 15:44 PM
    • Reply to Rent arrears
      by ChrisDennison
      jpkeates I agree once more with your sentiment. I would only add to that that rent arrears can be claimed for six years, so there might not be much urgency to push this now. Of course if the tenant stops paying altogether or threatens this, then I for once would throw all of my tools at them....
      23-09-2020, 10:29 AM
    • Rent arrears
      by MP31
      Hi

I have a tenant who got in arrears in the end of 2019 by 1.5 months because of work then continued to pay full rent until Covid. He couldn't work and was unfortunate to not get furlough or any government scheme other that UC so we arranged a reduced for 4 months. Now he is behind further...
      22-09-2020, 19:58 PM
    • Reply to Do you regularly (or at all) increase rent for existing tenants?
      by jpucng62
      I'm not sure that tenants on lower than market rent realise that they are - they probably don't keep an eye on things the way a LL might. I regularly check Rightmove to assess what is happening and use this information in my review of rents, but I think tenants probably only look when they want to move....
      23-09-2020, 10:21 AM
    • Do you regularly (or at all) increase rent for existing tenants?
      by ChrisDennison
      I would like to gauge your experience on this - in all my properties I have never increased rent in an existing tenancy, regardless of how long the tenant stays. Am I stupid or normal or somewhere in between?

I’m of course happy to adjust to market rent whenever a tenant moves out and...
      19-09-2020, 19:00 PM
    • Reply to Can I exercise break clause and notice period
      by DPT57
      The landlord doesn't have to want to live there now. Its sufficient to have lived there previously....
      23-09-2020, 10:20 AM
    • Can I exercise break clause and notice period
      by wildflower
      According to the tenancy agreement, I, as landlord, may terminate the tenancy by serving a break notice on the tenant. This is an assured shorthold tenancy and the break notice period must be at least two months. Am I correct in thinking that this means that I would seek possession under Section 8 rather...
      20-09-2020, 05:07 AM
    • Reply to Direct Debit vs Standing Order
      by ChrisDennison
      Ok that’s a fair point for questioning further. Although from the other posts it sounds as if direct debit would actually be better for the tenant, not worse. So I would be more worried if a tenant says ‘I only pay you by direct debit’.

Well whenever I look at my statements...
      23-09-2020, 10:19 AM
    • Reply to Rent arrears
      by jpkeates
      A tenant who doesn't communicate well about arrears wouldn't be unusual.

In normal times I would suggest serving notice and use MCOL for the arrears.
      But with six month's notice and a huge court backlog, that's less appropriate.
      The risk of the tenant either stopping paying...
      23-09-2020, 10:01 AM
    Working...
    X