Faulty Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faulty Lock

Hi Guy's I am writing this post for a friend who is renting a 3 bed house. The lock has a habit of slipping its latch and therefore locking the tennant out! she advised the LL and agent that it was broken and could they fix it but the LL is very tight and does not want to replace it! this happens frequently and she has problems entering the property. Pls advise as to how she could insist that teh LL replaces it? also the LL manages the property himself

The usual method is to obtain three quotations for the cost of repairing the lock and write to the landlord, anclosing copies, reminding him of the problem and advising him that if he does not repair the problem within (say) 14 days, you will have the job done yourself. The cheapest quotation should be used and this should be deducted from the rent paid.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X