Criminal Record Check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Criminal Record Check?

Does anyone know, if I can do a Criminal Record check on tenants?

Many Thanks

I'm pretty sure you can't, due to data protection, except for legitimate recruitement purposes.

See link:

http://www.crb.gov.uk/

Comment

Police aren't even allowed to issue photos of escaped prisoners anymore because of data protection.
      ASSUME NOTHING - QUESTION EVERYTHING!

Comment

Joe public cannot do a criminal record check.

Anyway, what's the point? We hear about school teachers taking 6 months or more before the checks are complete!

Who wants to wait that long!

Comment

I arrange to do CRB checks on Sunday School teachers at my Church. There are very strict limits as to who you can get one done on. They have to be working with children or vulnerable adults and even then there are strict rules. So even though you'd like to - there's no way. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
            Does anyone know, if I can do a Criminal Record check on tenants?

Many Thanks
            As confirmed above you can't, but watch this space, and the govenment will bring it in for tenants to be allowed to complete one on landlords!!!!!!

Comment

But you can do a Criminal Record check on yourself, as I did last year, only took 3 weeks & cost just £10.

Comment

But you can do a Criminal Record check on yourself, as I did last year, only took 3 weeks & cost just £10.
                Eh? Did you suspect yourself of being a secret criminal?
                JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by mazco View Post
                  I arrange to do CRB checks on Sunday School teachers at my Church. There are very strict limits as to who you can get one done on. They have to be working with children or vulnerable adults and even then there are strict rules. So even though you'd like to - there's no way. Sorry.
                  I'm involved in scouting and any parents/carers who want help in any way now have to be CRB checked. Even the parent/child camps can't take place without a CRB check on the parent. We are not restricted in handing out these forms.

Comment

^^^

I was changing jobs and BAA require it to work airside!
                    (They ask you to get it youself)

Comment

Oh well, at least they're not sleeping on the job (unlike their pilots?)
                      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                        Oh well, at least they're not sleeping on the job (unlike their pilots?)
                        Or doing other things!

Comment

Or doing other things!
                          Doors to manual- how rarely has that phrase hit the news headlines before.

Comment

Under the Freedom of Information Act, I believe it is possible to get your own criminal record.
                            ASSUME NOTHING - QUESTION EVERYTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by Paragon View Post
                              Under the Freedom of Information Act, I believe it is possible to get your own criminal record.
                              It's a very simple process to get your own criminal record, you just pop down to your local police station, ask for the person in charge, then bop them on the nose!

Hey prestoe, your very own criminal record!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X