Age for signing contracts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age for signing contracts

I think I know the answer to this, but any suggestions would be welcome.

We have five tenants in a houseshare seeking a sixth housemate for next July when their new tenancy would start.

The new contract needs to be signed before Christmas (that's the way it happens in university towns).

One potential new housemate will be 18 before the tenancy starts, but not before Christmas. His parents will be Guarantors.

Is there any way of getting the joint contract signed and legally enforceable before the T is 18, or not?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

I think you are fine.

An under 18 is allowed to sign a contract for 'essentials', and housing is an essential in anyone's book.

I am not sure if u18 can have 'an estate in land' but as we know, the 'tenancy' doesn't begin until July.

Comment

Thank you for confirming what I was hoping!
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
        I think you are fine.
        An under 18 is allowed to sign a contract for 'essentials', and housing is an essential in anyone's book.
        See chapter and verse on this from Shelter here

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X