young tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

young tenant

A 19 year has applied for a tenancy,fully supported by family but how do you ensure a guarantor is any good.On some posts it states it is very hard to make a guarantor pay up.I have been called single narrow minded by the guarantor because I asked if the young person could afford the rent.
    Been careful as a guarantor has just got out of paying on another of my properties .How good has the paper work to be.
    Or should I just say no

Originally posted by bertha View Post
    I have been called single narrow minded by the guarantor because I asked if the young person could afford the rent.
    If that is the reaction of the guarantor before the tenancy is even signed, I reckon that tells you all you need to know. Run a mile in the opposite direction!
    IMPORTANT NOTE: If you take any advice given/follow any course of action suggested by me in this or any other post, you do so entirely at your own risk. You must assume that I am not professionally qualified in any particular topic under discussion (and therefore my posts are purely my opinions) unless I explicitly state otherwise.

Comment

Look for another tenant.
      Not because of the age, but because of the guarantor.
      Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Thank you, have taken your advice.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X