Boiler service question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boiler service question

We had a new gas boiler installed into our let property 18 months ago and i'm unsure on if/when we need to service it!!

We always get a gas safety check done yearly, is a boiler service included in this or is it like it says it is, just a check?

If so, how much and how often should we be servicing our boiler?

Originally posted by ivrytwr3 View Post
    We had a new gas boiler installed into our let property 18 months ago and i'm unsure on if/when we need to service it!!

We always get a gas safety check done yearly, is a boiler service included in this or is it like it says it is, just a check?

If so, how much and how often should we be servicing our boiler?
    You need to check the recommendations of the boiler manufacturer. You should have received some documentation with the boiler.

With regard your safety check, again you need to check what your gas engineer is doing for the money. Some CORGI guys will service the boiler for the price quoted, others will do the bare minimum and just check safety.

I'm not at all sold on the virtues of paying more for a service. Providing it has been checked and is safe the only other possible benefit is a more reliable long lasting boiler. I'm yet to see the empirical evidence that proves this.

£50 a year gets you emergency insurance, it covers you for the boiler and plenty more to boot.

Comment

The British Gas Scheme will inc. Service/Cert and Insurance.

I think it's best to get it serviced once per year, it's a bit like your car, if you don't look after it, it will break down just when you don't need the hassel

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X