Rent increase on tenancy renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent increase on tenancy renewal

I have received a letter from my letting agent who are seeking approval from my landlord to get my rent increased exclusive of all bills (currently it's inclusive of c/tax and water rates). I live in a bedsit in a multi-occupancy (house) with one other bedsit and single rooms (all shared the bathroom). One tenant is under the same letting agency as me. The rest are dealt with via the landlord's relative (LR). Now at this moment the LR is not returning the agency or my calls to find out what he wants to do And the agency are also seeking to get off me a contribution of £XX amount towards the renewal fee. So my questions are - as I'm in the last month of the tenancy agreement, what happens if we do not reach a conclusion as I do wish to stay on, as long as certain conditions are met. Plus would it be too much short notice? (have to email a letter within a couple of days). Secondly, is it legal for the tenant to pay towards a renewal fee as I thought it was the landlord's responsibility? Lastly, I have read a little about the Replacement tenancy - would this be applicable to me or will another AST be renewal? Did say I'm clueless, but willing to learn and absorb new info. Many Thanks guys and dolls

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X