Housing Health and Safety Rating System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Housing Health and Safety Rating System

Can anyone help with with some advice please?

My local EHO has sent me the findings of a HHSRS inspection - presumably an informal step rather than (at this stage) any enforcement action. The letter identifies the property has Class 1 and Class 2 hazards. It then lists various 'problems' including for instance no gas certificate seen, seals missing around worktops, WC seat not adequately secured etc. Let me say at the outset that there IS a gas certificate, but the other issues may be correct.

The question I have is whether or not at this stage I should be entitled to more info ie which 'identified hazards' EHO actually consider to be Class 1 or 2? At the outset, the letter looks as if the house is terrible, yet I suspect most of the issues raised are low risk/recommended improvements and possibly the only 'Class 1' is that the tenant can't produce the gas certificate.

It feels at this stage more of a fishing expedition with EH outlining everything under a general heading of 'Class 1/Class 2 hazards' and then asking me to state what I'm going to do about them all. Apparently if they don't accept my responses to their recommended actions, they could then go down the enforcement route, so surely it is important that I know which they feel are the most serious?

Any thoughts or advice would be most appreciated!

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X