Problems with rodent infestation: mouse/mice/rats/etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several largely similar questions on separate threads have been merged into this thread (hence the repetitive nature of answers).

Comment

thank you for merging the threads - there are some interesting points raised.
      From what i've summised then, the LL is responsible solely for blocking external holes etc. that rodents could enter the property through (which I believe there are but dont think for a second that's what's happening; more that they are well and truly established in the building )
      Tenants are responsible for dealing with their own properties thereafter.
      Is there anything then which relates to the responsibility of baiting and poisioning communal areas? What - if anything - can be done about the fact that other tenants don't seem to be bothered other than laying down traps and, as our neighbour explained today, when seeing them running and hiding in bed?

Comment

Hoping someone can advise...
        We have had the pest controller in the property again today. There is a hole at the back of the kitchen unit underneath the dishwasher - and possibly one under the washing machine. The mice are getting from flat to flat due to the pipes we think.
        I have asked the management agency to put it to the landlord (big corporation owning all 15 flats) that the tenants may agree to paying half of the cost of pest control or even all of it if the landlord will then agree to the cost of proofing the flats once holes are found. Does this seem reasonable? Mice have been here long before many tenancies began and so I can imagine those tenants won't want to pay but we'll have a hard time of proving this I feel.
        Most holes will be at the back of kitchen units and due to shoddy workmanship and not because of tenants wear and tear but I'm trying to make the landlord see sense in that it is within their interests to deal with the problem and hoping to persuade the tenants to deal with the matter too.
        It will not work if everybody doesn't work together but if we dont get a handle on things we're going to be infested.
        Is there anything else I can do??
        Please help

Comment

I'm sure I must have posted this link before on this thread, but here it is again
          http://blog.painsmith.co.uk/2010/09/...rds-liability/

Comment

Mouse problem

Get a pussy cat?

Comment

Originally posted by westminster View Post
              I'm sure I must have posted this link before on this thread, but here it is again
              http://blog.painsmith.co.uk/2010/09/...rds-liability/
              I tried the 'Search Thread'; no.
              JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
              1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
              2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
              3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
              4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X