Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S21 Additional Info Section

Hello all,

I am in the process of issuing a claim for posession under s21 of my rented flat.

I have a few questions , however pls note,

1 - The AST has now gone periodic.
    2 - S21 has already been issued during AST and not cancelled by me.
    3 - T owes me £300 from Jan 06 and £100 from March 07.
    4 - Its clear that she can pay but wont pay.
    5 - Her claim for HB was rejected.
    6 - She is now pleading poverty hence not paying the full rent of £600pcm.
    7 - She wants a council house.

I am not to fussed about the shortfall in rent, I just want her out, therefore on this basis should I simply enforce the s21 or go down the route of discretionary s8.
    I understand that the s21 can now be applied at any time as the T has had her 2 months correct notice ??.

Also there is an additional info section on form N5B 1106, is it prudent to fill this in explaining the Ts attitude and arrears situation or it best not to.

Finally if I go down the s21 route I assume that possession is still mandatory given the contract is now periodic.

All replies appreciated.

Thank you.

go down route of s21 asap, and dont put anything in the box in just confuses things if they try and defend it in court. I put info in when i did my first s21 it wasnt needed cos s21 is mandatory possession extra info is not needed.

Comment

Follow the S21 route

Consider also the issue a moneyclaim on line for the rent arrears - however even if you win in Court will you get any money from her or if you do it will be in dribs and drabs?

Sometimes however when faced with legal action some tenants fid money from somewhere!!!
      Vic - wicked landlord
      Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
      Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Flat rental bathroom query
        by Landyman
        Are you saying that the toilet and basin are out in the open, adjacent to the kitchen? Or are they in a separate room?

Does the room have a window? Or a fan ventilator?

It's had to visualise exactly what you mean. Could you sketch a simple floorplan and upload that here p...
        16-01-2022, 23:47 PM
      • Flat rental bathroom query
        by NewGuyOne
        Hello,

A rented flat with a toilet (of course) and basin next to the kitchen, and a bedroom with a quite small en suite - shower/basin/rail for towel ... Is this acceptable in a flat - with no additional separate bathroom?

Flat consists of 1 bedroom en suite, hallway, lounge,...
        16-01-2022, 20:13 PM
      • Reply to Problems with tenant getting work done and not paying me rent
        by axil23
        Thank you Lawcruncher.

Just so I am not reading the lease wrong. Executed as a deed means that it has to say that and be witnessed by a 3rd party right?...
        16-01-2022, 23:23 PM
      • Problems with tenant getting work done and not paying me rent
        by axil23
        I have rented my house to a {name removed} who use it to house Asylum seekers from a govt contract. In June the flat roof developed a leak and they asked me to fix it which I did the next day. 6 months later I get a bill for £1900 for scaffolding, asbestos survey, party wall agreement & for some...
        13-01-2022, 12:05 PM
      • surrender of lease charges
        by jshire
        Hi,
        I'm trying to assist a family member who is in the process of surrendering a lease on a shared flat (all tenants moving out). The landlord agreed as the reasons were reasonable. He's sent an email stating that there will be costs that the tenants have to meet, charged by the letting agent...
        16-01-2022, 20:49 PM
      • Reply to Gas certificate fail
        by MdeB
        But if you had a valid certificate when the tenancy started but failed to give it to the tenant, then I believe that providing them with a current certificate before serving S21 will be OK....
        16-01-2022, 20:30 PM
      • Gas certificate fail
        by ReginaPhalangi
        We've been renting out our property since 2017 and now have given notice to our tenants to leave. However we have just realised that we have failed to get a gas certificate during their tenancy. Is it possible to get the gas certificate now? Would we need to give notice again after we issue the gas...
        15-01-2022, 20:05 PM
      • Reply to No Tenancy agreement
        by MdeB
        There are a number (of the order of 20) of grounds under which possession can be sought. See the Housing Act 1988.

The claim is for the period for which they were paying rent whilst there was no required licence in place, up to a maximum of 12 months. Getting a licence ends...
        16-01-2022, 19:32 PM
      • Reply to No Tenancy agreement
        by MdeB
        That depends on when the tenancy started.

Or, possibly, the one in place when it is given to the tenant. The regulations are ambiguous...
        16-01-2022, 19:18 PM
      • Reply to Wales: New Legislation – your roles and responsibilities
        by steaming
        4. Antisocial behaviour…..a fair and consistent approach to everyone. No. 4 is then not mentioned in the extended information (click link). Surely this needs explaining in detail or, maybe, they haven’t actually thought further that the nine words used. No surprise.
        16-01-2022, 19:17 PM
      Working...
      X