How to credit check people in EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to credit check people in EU

Anyone know how to credit check/background check people from EU, Spain in particular?
    Thank you

TenantVerify (affiliated to Landlordzone) seem to do it, but I have no idea of their reliability
    http://www.tenantverify.co.uk/intern...dit-checks.htm

Comment

I signed up to use it but I can tell you already that my impression of them is very poor based on 2 phone conversations I had and what they do/do not require. For example they need me to complete the tenant's info and pay and then they will do the credit check but when I asked the question of how they will verify that they have the tenant's permission for the credit check the person on the phone said he could not answer that as the manager was not there but confirmed that they would go ahead with the credit check. It's 47.50 by the way. I'll update when I go thru the process.

Comment

No credit checks done in Spain. There is no company offering a service like Experian here in Spain. I have just taken on a Spanish tenant and although I was provided with bank statements, I insisted on 6 months upfront.

Comment

Thanks for telling me that. So if no credit checks in Spain, what useful info is TenantVerify going to research for me for the 50 pounds they charge in Spain. My to-be-checked tenant has not worked or rented in Spain. I was hoping the check would be like a county court judgment and credit history type check. Is this check going to be a waste of time and money?

And btw, it was the T's idea to pay 6 months rent in advance. So it is common in Spain then?

Comment

Perhaps they know it will be difficult for anyone to fulfil the UK credit check requirements for them, so that is why they have offered 6 months in advance. Doesn't matter if it is common or not, take them up on it if you feel it is enough security for you, and only issue an initial 6 month FT.

Comment

Oh yes, absolutely. I did accept their offer of the 6 months. But I also wanted to do the international referencing to make sure no monkey business was in their past. Hence the Tenantverify. I was (am) asking whether it was (is) a waste of time and money if there are no credit and background checks in Spain.

Comment

My tenant is employed in the UK, however his salary was not sufficient. He did provide bank statements showing he had enough money in savings but I still asked for the 6 months upfront. I think £50 for Tenant verify will be a waste of money.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X