reporter looking for buy-to-let sellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reporter looking for buy-to-let sellers

Hi - I'm a reporter for an American newspaper doing a story on the UK buy-to-let market. In light of recent data showing buy-to-let yields are dropping, I'm trying to reach buy-to-let landlords who have started, or are thinking of, selling their properties. If you're such a landlord, or have a tip about where I might find one, please email me at: joellen.perry@wsj.com. Thanks.

many of us even know where it is, believe it or not.

Comment

I am not tempted to sell due to yields dropping as a number of my properties have a higher than average yield which balances things out. However, I guess there's quite a few amateurs/inexperienced landlords getting off the BTL bandwagon because of really bad experiences with sh*tty tenants!

Cashflow can be such that it only takes one or two defaulting tenants to push some landlords into near bankrupcy!

Kind Regards

J

Comment

What is the level of knowledge (yours/USA readers) about UK's - specifically England/Wales', which have same legal system differing from those of Scotland and Northern Ireland - conveyancing, land law, and landlord/tenant legislation and procedures? Much of the BTL scenario is informed by the Housing Act 1988, for instance.
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Impressed

Post removed by rewop as it was inappropriate.
          Last edited by rewop46; 20-03-2007, 15:41 PM. Reason: Inappropriate post
          If you are not offended by what I say then please tell me so that I can try harder next time.

Comment

Originally posted by rewop46 View Post
            And I'm impressed with the spelling and punctuation; now we've got three members who know how to write! What do you say Jeffrey?

On the down side, she has used her real name! How can you trust a person who uses her real name?

rewop
            I say, "Avoid starting sentences with "And"."
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

I've removed response to rewop's 'deleted' response.

& I'd been on my best behaviour as well today (in case you hadn't noticed rewop)

Kind Regards all

J
              Last edited by Joannepowell; 20-03-2007, 15:44 PM.

Comment

Back to school for you too, Rewop

Comment

re how much i know about UK conveyancing, land law, etc: i'm no expert, but i've got the basics and am looking into the details. as i'm traveling to the UK tomorrow, though, i'm spending the bulk of my time today trying to get in touch with BTL landlords themselves.

Comment

Apology

Joellen

I apologise for myself and the honourable members for trying to disrupt your thread before you have even started.

Believe it or not we are grown ups!

rewop
                    If you are not offended by what I say then please tell me so that I can try harder next time.

Comment

Just be aware joellenperry that there isn't a single UK approach pertaining to landlords and tenants. You really must specify the country you are referring to:
                      • England and Wales largely together
                      • Scotland specific
                      • Northern Ireland specific

I'm going to guess that you will end up focussing on England and Wales.

Rather like different laws for different states.

Comment

Joellenperry, I only have one BTL house and whilst I do not plan to sell out, I don't envisage buying more. My husband and I will probably go down the buy, do up and sell route in future. Spent years doing it for other people and have now decided to do it for ourselves.

Comment

Poppy, thanks for the clarification - I am indeed focusing on England and Wales

Diane and Joannepowell - thanks very much for your perspectives.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                          X