Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent approached me to rent to Key2

Hi,

My agent asked me if i would be interested in renting to key2. I have researched and spoken to key2, who basically help young people think 16+ pending on the situation. My contract wil be with Key2 for 6 months and covered with rent gaurntee. The young person 17 and a half will be on a college course and visited weekly by key2.

I have a few concerns with this, they no longer look after the teenager when they turn 18 i.e. they have to go through the goverment. So my concern is if they squat after my 6 months is up.

Does anyone know of any extra protection I can take out? Or if they have had any previous experience of Key2.

thanks
    Ric

Unintelligable info.
    Who will be the person with Letting Agreement and will he be sub-letting?

Comment

I wouldn't have anything to do with them. You don't know who key2 will put in. Teenagers on their own for the first time? They won't wreak the place will they? Have parties? Annoy the neighbours? Spill stuff all over the carpet and not clean up? Sounds too risky to me.

Comment

Whilst I have never had any direct experience of the organisation you mention, this is an example posted on another forum of how a property was left after a council guaranteed rent scheme tenancy ended:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4638501

and TBH I don't think this is as bad as it can get!
        As well as the rent guarantee, you will have NO guarantee who the tenants are, and what they will get up to, and no control over how much your property is used and abused during the tenancy!

Comment

It is illegal to rent to under 18's I think.

Why put yourself at risk via this unregulated organisation?

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

Originally posted by Interlaken View Post
            It is illegal to rent to under 18's I think.

Why put yourself at risk via this unregulated organisation?
            Sounds as if OP would be renting to the orgnisation, not the tenant ... probably to circumvent the under 18 rules!

Comment

Key2 looks like the sort of organisation that the Tories would publicly praise but privately not expect anyone interested in making money to support.

Comment

Why are you considering this?
                Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X