X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chen

Hi guys, I am about to rent the house from agency
    however, I got some question about the inventory cost
    the contract said I should split with landlord when I moved out.
    but my fd told me this cost usually is paid by landlord and agency.
    is it true? or it's case by case?
    tks

Up to LL/LA IMO
    Reasonable to expect T to pay for move in and LL to pay for move out, both arranged by LL/LA

Comment

so I need to pay inventory cost and service fee when I move in?
      and also how much is the inventory cost normally?
      should I include in the contract?
      becoz the contract say "Pay a 50% share of the costs and disbursements in relation to the preparation of the inventory and “check out” at the end of the tenancy. The other 50% to be paid by the Landlord"
      tks for the help

chen

Comment

Who is 'my fd'????
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Move in check is prob more favourable to T as they should be allowed time to check & amend.Move out check poss favours LL if T not present. Both checks should cost approx same so if you are required to pay 50% for combined move in/out checks you are not disadvantaged. IMO

Comment

What is "normal" here and in many things to do with letting is effectively what letting agents declare to be normal according to the practices they have established over recent years. There was a time when the only charge agents made was commission and when neither landlord nor tenant was expected to pay for "extras".

Comment

my fd=my friend

tks everyone, seems that agency now charge more than before.
              so I am wondering is there any policy to protect tenant, or to monitor agency? Can I ask agency to pay inventory cost?
              becoz as foreign student, the agency even ask me to pay one year amount of renting fee in advance..........
              this makes me feel so unsafe

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X