Notice period after fixed term of AST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great. I had finally accepted the fact that 1 month's notice is all that is required when one of my landlord friends phones me last night and says he has confirmation from his Landlord's association that if it says 2 months in the contract, then its 2 month's notice that's required. So although i do understand English (Paul_f), I am getting 2 various English truths all the time.

Comment

If the original contract says two months, then so be it!! Periodic is a roll on of the original obligations, unless mutually altered.
      ASSUME NOTHING - QUESTION EVERYTHING!

Comment

After the end of the fixed term the tenant only has to give one month's notice ending on last day of a rental period.

It's like writing a contract for murder, just because two parties write a contract and sign, doesn't make it legal!

Comment

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/notice_to_quit.htm

"The tenancy agreement cannot change these basic rules, 4 weeks being the minimum notice period. However, if the tenancy period is more than 4 weeks, for example, one month, then the notice period is one month."

Question : Does this precedent come from a particular statute? Please point us in the right direction
          All posts in good faith, but do not rely on them

You can search the forums here:

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X