• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by hen View Post
    Hi,
    I am renting a property to tenants whose 6 month AST expires in about 5 weeks time.
    I have decided to sell the property. What notice do I need to give the tenants?
    Thanks.
    Serve Notice under s.21(1)(b) of Housing Act 1988.
    Serve it BEFORE fixed term expiry date, if possible.
    Notice period should be not less than two months from service (even though that two months will extend past term expiry date).

Leave a comment:

• hen
    started a topic What notice is required?

What notice is required?

Hi,
    I am renting a property to tenants whose 6 month AST expires in about 5 weeks time.
    I have decided to sell the property. What notice do I need to give the tenants?
    Thanks.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Renting rooms
    by Luke
    Thanks , what is regarded as living in a property ?
    Do I need to spend a set number of days being there ?...
    28-01-2022, 08:34 AM
  • Renting rooms
    by Luke
    I have a three bedroom property in the U.K which I will rent out .
    I have had an enquiry from a couple and a friend
    I do not intend to live at the property
    Would it be possible just to rent two rooms to them , on the understanding they have full access to the property ?
    As its...
    28-01-2022, 06:09 AM
  • Reply to Tenant has moved partner in.
    by SouthernDave
    Defo get ready for a battle with this....
    28-01-2022, 08:26 AM
  • Tenant has moved partner in.
    by Alison Laws
    My tenant who is 4 months into her tenancy agreement has moved her partner in without permission and Im wondering can use this to issue a new tenancy agreement with his name on it. She isn't the easiest tenant and I would also like to add an agreement break to the new tenancy because of the difficulty...
    27-01-2022, 15:30 PM
  • Reply to Renting rooms
    by ExpertInAField
    I assume from your question that you would like to have them on a lodgers agreement so you could evict them with a moments notice.

To answer this quickly, from the details you gave above, you would create an AST even if you used the lodger paperwork. By you not living there, you remove...
    28-01-2022, 08:16 AM
  • Reply to Is time more important than money?
    by Lawcruncher
    I am not suggesting it is the landlord's fault. I am just saying that, in some cases, if a tenant feels secure he is more likely to take care of a place....
    27-01-2022, 23:02 PM
  • Is time more important than money?
    by jpucng62
    Just had tenants move out of a property after 2 years. Always paid on time, perfectly pleasant young family who have now bought their own home BUT:

House was grimy - looks like they didn't clean properly in 2 years rather than anything overtly unpleasant
    Garden was left in a mess...
    27-01-2022, 17:20 PM
  • Reply to Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
    by MdeB
    That is because you have to do things properly for S21 to be valid.

Do everything properly and the S21 is valid.
    Get one thing wrong and it is invalid. There are many things to get right....
    27-01-2022, 22:54 PM
  • Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
    by Beeble
    We rented a flat out with the local branch of a national estate agent. They were charging a very low fee (that should’ve had my alarm bells ringing) and had a tenant immediately available. This was Dec2020/Jan2021 and the tenancy paperwork they sent to me was minimal.

Tenant moved in...
    25-01-2022, 15:37 PM
  • Reply to Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
    by Lawcruncher
    The requirement comes from the tenancy terms. There are various reasons why a contract term may be void or unenforceable. They include: illegal; impossible; contrary to public policy; statute forbids them to be imposed; unfair. A requirement to keep a dwelling clean and leave it it clean is none of...
    27-01-2022, 22:20 PM
Working...
X