HELP I've double Yale locked myself out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
    I'm still confused. I thought you'd locked the key inside. Have you a spare?
    She meant that she just closed the door, and didn't deadlock it.
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

I had a key (4 in fact), and pulled the door to as I left.

The door wouldn't open because the thing with the deadlock snick was loose and wouldn't pull the tongue of the lock into the lock far enough to open the door. The 'mouth' on the door jamb was also loose. Wiggling the door, luckily, enabled it to be opened.

So it hadn't actually deadlocked as I thought.

The key kept turning round and round in the lock because the insides of the lock were worn.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Newish landlord queries
        by ash72
        The agent fees seems reasonable, the fully managed service still means the LL is contacted and updated on issues (I would rather know what is happening with my property, then just getting billed for the works. You also have the options to use them or you get your own person to do the remedial works,...
        07-07-2020, 10:48 AM
      • Newish landlord queries
        by martysparty99
        Hi all, first time here and looking for some general advice.

Be patient with me as I am a first time landlord!

Let my property back in feb, used an agent that I used to sell our house last year. He said he could do me a good deal on fully managed. 7% which I think is a good...
        07-07-2020, 09:57 AM
      • Reply to Deposit Issue
        by jpkeates
        If you do it sensibly, your tenant may well agree.

It's been years since I had anyone seriously challenge a claim I've made.
        And I was probably a bit optimistic back then!
        07-07-2020, 10:47 AM
      • Deposit Issue
        by tenantputney
        Q1 – Where is the rented property located (England / Wales / Scotland / N Ireland)? England

Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this e.g. sole tenant / multiple tenant / room only? Multiple Tenant

Q3 – What date did current TA start dd/mm/yy? July 2017

23-06-2020, 12:20 PM
        by jpkeates
        You need to work this out with the agent.
        Some landlords like everything to be run past them, some set a limit which the agent can simply authorise - it's a matter of trust and practicality.

My agent runs anything over a limit past me, but uses emails, so I don't get interrupted if...
        07-07-2020, 10:45 AM
        by theartfullodger
        Join NRLA and do courses on being a landlird:. Much cheaper than the alternative (lack of knowledge) in both time and money. Even with agent you remain responsible for everything (but may have a later claim against agent).

Have you very carefully read your agreement with agent to find...
        07-07-2020, 10:11 AM
      • Reply to Deposit Issue
        by shoobydoo
        Thank you. I will go for cleaning costs and will live in hope that the adjudicators may allow me something.
        07-07-2020, 10:07 AM
      • Reply to Suing the Guarantor (small claims court)
        by jpkeates
        You need to sue both of them, or just the tenant.
        If you sue the guarantor, they have a simple defence, in that you haven't exhausted your attempts to recover the money from the tenant.
        07-07-2020, 09:23 AM
      • Suing the Guarantor (small claims court)
        by hadiolar
        Good morning,
        Hope I can get some clarity to my issue
        Background
        Tenant left in April 2020 with monies owed (Court eviction active)
        outstanding rent-£8000
        damage to Ppty-£3000
        letter before action sent to both tenant and guarantor -No response and no payment made...
        07-07-2020, 08:03 AM
      • Reply to Suing the Guarantor (small claims court)
        by ash72
        Which form are you using, you should be using the N1 form, or do it online, the max. you can claim in small £10k.

Success depends on your claim and how much supporting evidence you. Does the guarantor own a property? If so, I would be inclined to go for them, there is much more success...
        07-07-2020, 09:07 AM
      Working...
      X